Welcome to North Sound Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the PNW and to North Sound Cruisers!

Hello all,
I am a very recent transplant from Iowa. I am glad I found this clubhouse forum tonight. I hope to meet some of you at the next meet up. Also, looking for recommendations for trusted mechanics in the Camano Island/Stanwood area.
Welcome to the group. I'm located in Stanwood so I will probably see you around town.

... Going to try to locate an OEM alternator tomorrow.
I've got the OEM one I took off my 2000 100 at around 80k miles when I upgraded to a Mean Green high output alternator. Was working fine when removed and yours if you want it.

Drop me a PM if interested and we can sort out the logistics.

I've got the OEM one I took off my 2000 100 at around 80k miles when I upgraded to a Mean Green high output alternator. Was working fine when removed and yours if you want it.

Drop me a PM if interested and we can sort out the logistics.
That is very generous of you! I located one this morning and it is being installed tomorrow at K Pro. I talked to Jim there and he seemed like a good guy. Thank you very much @staggrlee for the offer though!

Man, how do I keep missing all of these events?

Oh, yeah, probably broken down. :rolleyes:

PXL_20220812_160425872.jpg

Hello everyone. Looking at getting into my first f80 land cruiser for back country backpacking trips with the family. Long time vehicle enthusiast. My 72 bronco just isn’t big enough anymore for the kids and gear. On the fence between an HDJ80/81 or FZJ80. Going to look at a 97 this week if anyone has any things to look for. I’ve read the slee newbie guide, but would love to get someone’s opinion on the vehicle I’m looking at if possible. Thanks guys and look forward to seeing you on the trails.

Hello everyone. Looking at getting into my first f80 land cruiser for back country backpacking trips with the family. Long time vehicle enthusiast. My 72 bronco just isn’t big enough anymore for the kids and gear. On the fence between an HDJ80/81 or FZJ80. Going to look at a 97 this week if anyone has any things to look for. I’ve read the slee newbie guide, but would love to get someone’s opinion on the vehicle I’m looking at if possible. Thanks guys and look forward to seeing you on the trails.

If you don't need the mileage and range of the diesel I'd stick with an fzj. I have a diesel and love it. But parts can be a bear sometimes. Plus if you're not mechanically savy, it'll be an experience.

The Slee guide and some time with vehicle will hopefully get you what you want. Not knowing the price, condition, miles etc advice is tough. I’ve seen a few recently that appear to be coming down in price and of course so many listed by people that think the pandemic frenzy is as strong as ever.

Good luck

The Slee guide and some time with vehicle will hopefully get you what you want. Not knowing the price, condition, miles etc advice is tough. I’ve seen a few recently that appear to be coming down in price and of course so many listed by people that think the pandemic frenzy is as strong as ever.

Good luck
Thanks. Here is the one I’m looking at.

If you don't need the mileage and range of the diesel I'd stick with an fzj. I have a diesel and love it. But parts can be a bear sometimes. Plus if you're not mechanically savy, it'll be an experience.
Yeah, the mileage and low end torque was what I was interested in… I’m fairly mechanically savy, but no experience with diesel.

I don't think this diesel is going to impress you with torque. You're welcome to drive mine if you want

I don't think this diesel is going to impress you with torque. You're welcome to drive mine if you want.
Thanks! I'm in Arlington too. Stopped by Torfab and talked with them. Currently looking at the LX450 on BAT. Hopefully I can grab it around the 20K mark.

Welcome! I just joined the group not to long ago. A little quiet, but hopefully it can be revived. I’m still in search for my 80. Heading down to cali to look at one next week.

Welcome! I just joined the group not to long ago. A little quiet, but hopefully it can be revived. I’m still in search for my 80. Heading down to cali to look at one next week.
Welcome to the group! I was just in California and seen a whole bunch of 80's down there for sale.

If you see a clean ‘76-78 FJ40 let me know. When I sold my 40 last year I didn’t think I’d be searching for another so soon.

Kevin

Last edited:
If you see a clean ‘76-78 FJ40 let me know. When I sold my 40 last year I didn’t think I’d be searching for another so soon.

Kevin
Do clean 76-78s even still exist? (that don't require refinancing a house)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom