What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yet another new hood insulator because removing it without blemishing it is beyond my skill set. Replacing tired windshield wiper nozzles.

5C6C6C7D-4CDC-469B-BA09-FCD3D2A841B1.jpeg

50D35198-59EF-4001-995B-F3AA6B6B5740.jpeg

Had a few awesome days this week with some fellow mudders. Dave from @Delta VS, @Dirty Koala, @Outsane and a couple others. It was perfect timing for me because I was about to implode at work and needed a break. Thanks to Dave for the invite and showing us around.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Up there just a few weeks ago myself.

71A86CD2-AF63-4B20-9535-7F04504C5F5D.jpeg

Unfortunately a group of about 50 razors trashed the meadow. We had a few words with them.

Cheers

Had a few awesome days this week with some fellow mudders. Dave from @Delta VS, @Dirty Koala, @Outsane and a couple others. It was perfect timing for me because I was about to implode at work and needed a break. Thanks to Dave for the invite and showing us around.

wow, where is this?

Well, what I did was much less exciting. Last weekend driving with the family from Los Angeles up to Sequoia National Park we had to detour around a fire in Interstate 5. So, 90 min into our drive when we were in Lancaster with a temperature of 110F, my AC crapped out. Nasty squealing belt noise and it started blowing hot air.

Had to turn around and drive another 90 minutes home with the windows down and temperatures over 100F the whole way. My family hates me.

Turns out the clutch on the compressor had failed. Just got 'er back together with a new compressor, new expansion valve, all new v-belts, and serviced the radiator fan. Blows ice cold now and I trust it again.

Next time it will go better!

What's the finish code? It looks really sharp.

I don’t recall the pc code. It is just “aluminum” colored pc with a gloss clear.

Cheers

I ordered up a set of Yokohama Geolandar G003 MT in 315/75-16. Won't be available in store till Monday or Tuesday. These will be replacing my balding BFG KO2, that have less then the warrantied 50K/5 years.

Not my rig but for attention and for example of what I will be running.

yokohama Geolandar.jpg

Amateur hour on weldhub.com

20220910_121457.jpg
20220910_115553.jpg

Hehe, I woke up and immediately started this project because I wanted to get it done before work today.

Don't sleep and cut steel with a cut off tool or you will get bit.

20220910_111420.jpg
20220910_111451.jpg

The nice thing about cut off tools is they cauterize while they cut. No pain and no blood but definitely woke me up 🤣

20220910_122126.jpg

Last edited:
How does that 10 speed compare in size to the 4 and 6 speed transmissions? I am looking at simplicity of bolt in and not much hacking the transmission tunnel.
6, 8 and 10 speed all fit with no firewall massaging. I think I posted a comparison video on my build thread between the 6 and the 8.

And to echo other comments, the torque numbers are less important with the deep gearing in the 8 and 10 speeds, though the LT1 is impressive anyway.

Been really happy with mine. Goes over mountain passes as fast as your suspension and nerves will tolerate.

New suspension on

20220831_173501.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom