Vintage Hub Removal Help (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bolts on the spindle have to be removed to pull the other claw driveshaft. Long wire run thru a hole in all the heads on the nut as I remember.

As noted above, I forgot to detail the knuckle removal items, I guess I just take it for granted that people are familiar with the process, Hub, birf, inner, all come out together, be aware, there is a flat spot on birf that lines up with bottom of trunion so the birf will come out, just rotate and pull, if it don't come, rotate and pull, youll get them to line up and it will slide out.

With this hub most likely ball and claw type.no Birfield.

SQOD: Will I still be able to roll the truck if I remove the spindle?

Just need a different spindle and hub to install if you ship the spindle hub and rest together. Sure I have spindle and hub at another location. Lock right out of axle ended up in Australia. Rest of the diff in Connecticut.
Brake cylinders up in Canada. Ball and claw inner axle in California. Housing went to scrap. Believe the rest is still sitting in a box. Axle was bought by someone else for the Lock Right. Technically never mine so everything else is free. Cost to ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom