What did you do to your pig today? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the poor thing out and drove it to dinner tonight with my fam. It performed flawlessly of course, 2f just happy to be alive. I got it out for a glamour shot and did a nice rip through the woods. What a fun ride. I love my piggie.

IMG-8433.jpg

Sweet pig , You got it right !! Tires look great , KM3 ??? You like emmm ? How is the noise ? what size ?
I'm looking for new M/T tires , Yokohoma M/T g003 ? or KM3??????

Last edited:
Sweet pig , You got it right !! Tires look great , KM3 ??? You like emmm ? How is the noise ? what size ?
Pretty sure those are 33x10.50 Maxis

I got the poor thing out and drove it to dinner tonight with my fam. It performed flawlessly of course, 2f just happy to be alive. I got it out for a glamour shot and did a nice rip through the woods. What a fun ride. I love my piggie.

View attachment 3108052
Nice lift. What are you using for springs and shackles?

I'm looking for new M/T tires , Yokohoma M/T g003 ? or KM3??

Maxxis Razr 33x10.15 tires, They are awesome, Not a ton of miles so no idea how loud they get with wear. Have km3 on my 80 and my 40 and they have been awesome but run small. Yokos on my girlfriend's 40 and my 60 and they are awesome as well but 16" rims are all they have available. All 3 are a win with their caveats.

Cruiser outfitters FJ55 kit?
Yessir, Cruiser Outfitters kit. Heavy set up. Kurt was so cool to deal with.. He acts like one of us because he is one of us. Just a solid dude with his mind on his, and all our passion- Cruisers. Moving the rear shackle mount was a chore, but it is totally doable and makes a sweet lift for sure.

Yessir, Cruiser Outfitters kit. Heavy set up. Kurt was so cool to deal with.. He acts like one of us because he is one of us. Just a solid dude with his mind on his, and all our passion- Cruisers. Moving the rear shackle mount was a chore, but it is totally doable and makes a sweet lift for sure.

Not trying to take anything away from Kurt or his OME setup, but Dobinsons makes a kit specifically for the 55 that doesn't require moving the rear shackle mounts

On the spring lift subject. There maybe another way....but maybe it's been done before.

My brother is an aircraft mechanic and rather very creative.

His idea was to make a hybrid spring of a FJ55 (using the top two leafs from a FJ55 (so you don't have to move the rear shackle mount) and the other leafs from a FJ60 (i bought on ebay) to get about 1-1.5" lift and then a long 5.7" shackles ( stock is about 3.5" center to center) , to get the other 1.125", and thus approach a total 2.5" lift.

Did not measure the before height" at the top of the wheel radius, but looks about perfect.

This is his 2nd time doing this mod on a FJ55, and the first one is his daily driver 1975 FJ55 and put thousands of miles on it.

Tires are KM3 33×12.5 on a 15x8 vintage 8 spoke Jackman. I know the wheels have a special offset as it too him a while to find.

Screenshot_20220910_162822.jpg

Screenshot_20220910_162509.jpg

Screenshot_20220910_162529.jpg

Screenshot_20220910_162551.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the mailbox, performed an un-boxing.

View attachment 3111166

View attachment 3111167

Don't do it Greg , :oops:

there is still time to think this through and get back on the right path making good choices and stuff ............

- search your TEq Soul and do a good moral inventory , a Vintage Air kit installed in any Land Cruiser of any kind is so very un-pure :rolleyes:

- OEM options exist , and with a clear mind , the Toyota Genuine
NipponDenso path before you exists , all you have to do is pack that brown box up now ...

- then today can be the first day of the rest of your FJ55LG-KA 's JDM life ......:)

1662849673088.png

1662849687053.png

fj55 2.jpg
fj55 3.jpg
fj551.jpg

there is still time to think this through and get back on the right path making good choices and stuff ............

- search your TEq Soul and do a good moral inventory , a Vintage Air kit installed in any Land Cruiser of any kind is so very un-pure :rolleyes:

NipponDenso path before you exists , all you have to do is pack that brown box up now ...

- then today can be the first day of the rest of your FJ55LG-KA 's JDM life ......:)

View attachment 3111380

View attachment 3111381

View attachment 3111374View attachment 3111375View attachment 3111376
I'm sure parts are almost impossible to find for a fj55 ac. I know there was a pdf version of that on trollholes old listing

I'm sure parts are almost impossible to find for a fj55 ac. I know there was a pdf version of that on trollholes old listing

i bet Brandon @ classic cruisers in Salida Colorado has the DROIDS some 55 person is looking for ...

Dude, it's just a heater.
Most of the reason for the swap is to clear up that corner of the engine bay where that HUGE blower assembly sits. I need that space for mounting relays and breakers and fuse boxes and stuff. Maybe find room to put the windshield washer bottle back in (had to remove it to fit the dual batteries). I get to lose that HUGE duct that runs under the dash.
My Pig stopped being pure a long time ago

20220828_094837.jpg

View attachment 3111380

View attachment 3111381

View attachment 3111374View attachment 3111375View attachment 3111376

Also get a rotary dial phone, put on some bias ply tires, make sure your drum brakes are adjusted and hang your disco ball high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom