What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New to the board and to the 100. I picked up an 05 LX 470 about two weeks ago. Got timing belt and water pump done last week and got stock wheels swapped out for some Tundra wheels. This weekend I pulled the running boards, added factory front mud flaps, changed out fog light bulbs, and spend about 3 hours giving the inside a thorough cleanup.
2022-09-04 13.46.21.jpg

Harbor freight tools claim yet another life! By the way those tires seem like they have already lived most of their life and are ready to be converted in to play ground padding.

Yeah, they've about had it. When you have to buy a new set of tires about every 14 months you try to squeeze all you can get out of them.

I have a BIOR Rear bumper NO Swingouts coming soon, I feel this will be too much weight for my OME 865 springs. Any suggestions what spring I should move up to?
Specs:
Roof Rack
Wood sleeping platform
~ 50lbs of gear at a time
I think any Heavy spring might be too much for me?

I have a BIOR Rear bumper coming soon, I feel this will be too much weight for my OME 865 springs. Any suggestions what spring I should move up to?
Specs:
Roof Rack
Wood sleeping platform
~ 50lbs of gear at a time
I think any Heavy spring might be too much for me?
Maybe look into those mediums from Ironman?

Any bets on me electrocuting myself? Odds are in your favor!

That is so cool. Did you carve that yourself?
Yes, in that I designed it and put on a CNC to carve it for me.

Installed White Knuckle Sliders. Very happy with the fit and finish. Having a motorcycle jack made it a breeze by myself. I would have finished the whole job in about 40 minutes except when the PO did the AHC delete he left the accumulator attached. I understand why when I went to remove it. Almost impossible, but with the bottom bolts out I was able to bend it out a little and the Sawzall did the rest pretty quickly.

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_1994.jpeg

IMG_1995.jpeg

IMG_1999.jpeg

Today I spent a couple hours futzing with the 470. What it boils down to is that the solder joint and new terminal that got me home a couple weeks ago failed pretty quick - it just pulled out of the terminal. No big deal, one of those things- I just hadn't got around to fixing it.

Cut back one more inch of the cable, freed it up some where I could get to it, crimped a new terminal end onto the alternator>battery wire, heat shrink/ tape/ sealed that bad boy up and ... boom. Works like a champ again, no charging light problems, plenty of juice at the battery with it running. Made sure to cable tie the leads well back from the exhaust manifold- the 24yo wire loom down there is.. crispy. I wanted to get it going and let it ride a few days, and then will probably try to go back with a little electrical tape and trim unused loom, gently clean up further, etc. Biggest thing I was scared of was breaking one of those brittle old wires off, but I lucked out so far.

E4BB340B-6F06-44EC-A65A-C635A05F7529.jpeg

Installed White Knuckle Sliders. Very happy with the fit and finish. Having a motorcycle jack made it a breeze by myself. I would have finished the whole job in about 40 minutes except when the PO did the AHC delete he left the accumulator attached. I understand why when I went to remove it. Almost impossible, but with the bottom bolts out I was able to bend it out a little and the Sawzall did the rest pretty quickly.

View attachment 3108521

View attachment 3108522

View attachment 3108523

View attachment 3108525
Nice sliders, but the people really need to know about, is that sweet garage floor coating. Do tell good sir.

Just an epoxy coating I had put on when I had the garage built. Not sure if I’d do the black and white again. It’s hard to keep clean looking.
I was curious about that. I think I speak for everyone when I say your shop floor looks great! When I grow up and become a real adult I need that in my life. Until then my garage floor is gonna have to rock the super sweet 30-year-old Chevrolet rear main seal leak stain. Might be a BMW its hard to tell between the two. Nonetheless, nice epoxy!

I bought a 2001 Land Cruiser in great mechanical shape, I think, and with a good exterior. The interior is going to need lots of work. I picked off a bunch of the wood on the dash and ordered two keys off amazon that they say I can program myself. I guess we'll see if I can find someone to cut the keys!

I was curious about that. I think I speak for everyone when I say your shop floor looks great! When I grow up and become a real adult I need that in my life. Until then my garage floor is gonna have to rock the super sweet 30-year-old Chevrolet rear main seal leak stain. Might be a BMW its hard to tell between the two. Nonetheless, nice epoxy!
I did a DIY one in our "new" (now almost 3yo) house, knowing I'd be in there working on all kinds of junk and not wanting oil stains. It was a solid move. I just did gray with black/ white/ blue flecks, but if I had it to do again I'd skip the flecks, or maybe just do one color. Floor is protected and looks great (when it's clean, which is NEVER)- but if you drop a bolt it can be tough to see/ find.

Shout out to ArmorPoxy on their polyurea one-step coating, though. My wife didn't get the memo I wasn't done and drove in before it was dry, left Honda Oddysey tracks and a couple of shoe prints. Alls I had to do was run another coat over (its' self leveling and solvent based so it melts into itself) and resprinkle chips and... done. There's still evidence, but if I don't TELL you about it you can't see it. Cool stuff. Smells weird for a couple weeks while it fully cures, but it's dry in a day.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom