Too many being stolen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Folks,
We all love these old trucks and want to keep them. Problem is, they are old trucks. If someone wants them it's pretty easy to steal them. So do what I did and buy a tracker. I bought one off Amazon for $55 and it cost $12 per month for the service. It has a battery backup that's good for a couple days. It can notify you of start events, stop events, loss of power and you can setup Geo fences so if it goes in or out of that fence you can be notified. Cheap insurance IMO. I installed it behind the radio on mine. I also tucked a Samsung smarttag under the carpet, as a backup locator.

Optimus GV75MG Waterproof Wired GPS Tracker for Motorcycles, Boats, Machinery, Assets https://a.co/d/2i0tOGR

I’m thinking about doing a kill switch and hiding it, only problem - It doesn’t stop you from stealing the diesels.

Think I’m still going to put them on the gas yoters.

After ours was stolen I put two disabling devices which I believe will deter another potential theft. However, I also believe if they want it they will take it. :(

I would agree that a kill switch is a good first line of defense.

A tracking device like to one listed. One company we use a lot is Drone Mobile for customer installs.

A layered approach is going to result in someone who gives up and moves on or if they do get the rig you have a better chance of determine where it went.

Doing both of these and parking in secure locations and being aware of your surroundings will help minimize your exposures to risk.

Folks,
We all love these old trucks and want to keep them. Problem is, they are old trucks. If someone wants them it's pretty easy to steal them. So do what I did and buy a tracker. I bought one off Amazon for $55 and it cost $12 per month for the service. It has a battery backup that's good for a couple days. It can notify you of start events, stop events, loss of power and you can setup Geo fences so if it goes in or out of that fence you can be notified. Cheap insurance IMO. I installed it behind the radio on mine. I also tucked a Samsung smarttag under the carpet, as a backup locator.

Optimus GV75MG Waterproof Wired GPS Tracker for Motorcycles, Boats, Machinery, Assets https://a.co/d/2i0tOGR
I’m thinking about doing a kill switch and hiding it, only problem - It doesn’t stop you from stealing the diesels.

Think I’m still going to put them on the gas yoters.
After ours was stolen I put two disabling devices which I believe will deter another potential theft. However, I also believe if they want it they will take it. :(

The best offense is a good solid defense here on this topic in general .........

- nobody knows if a car or truck has a tracking devise , however its a unique idea on the options table for sure here in this discussion ......

- the HJ , and BJ folks along with FJ ones alike are best served when the 1st needed step to any Vintage TOYOTA being stolen is the

ability to gain access to it being denied or at least challenged in a major time consuming way at the very least .......

- keeping ALL 5 Land Cruiser Lock Cylinders and ALL owner operator KEYS in good , SHARP , TRUE-EGDES and ZERO Slop and Free-Play issues from age , time , and

general use after 30-40+ years is more important now then ever before because of just that !

- after all if the JACK-ASS can't get in , then it ends there , and if they do get inside the passenger compartment via any of the 5 doors or any of the 9 windows ...

- at least a new OEM or currently SOLID condition BARB Wire fence Ignition Lock Cylinder is a 2nd good common sense deterrent as well

- a few TECH-TIPS below :

- keep ALL Vintage TOYOTA Land Cruiser Keys sharp-edged and true to fit , form and function ......

- this spelled out in common sense plain English is dispose of ANY old and worn out keys ,

- WORN OUT TOYOTA Keys WEAR OUT GOOD CONDITION TOYOTA Lock Cylinders Pre-Maturely and in a rapid time use cycle's Period !

- keeping a sloppy drivers side front door lock cylinder and the Ignition Lock Cylinder in good fresh working order is a simple 2 step approach ....

- step 1 : insert the red nozzle straw into each and ANY Land Cruiser Lock Cylinder of REAL Name Brand WD-40 ONLY product , the blue , red and yellow label

aerosol can , and depress the tip for 3-5 SOLID Metric Seconds , then wipe any Drip-age if it occurs off the lock face itself , then USING ONLY A FRESH / or Good solid

Original KEY , insert and work it back and forth a few times , remove , wipe the key on both side fresh clean withe cloth and repeat TILL the black ooze is gone and the

Excess WD-40 is ALL Clear as it would come out of the can ...........

- if you repeat this exact procedure at EVERY SINGLE oil change interval 3000K miles , your Land Cruiser Keys and Locks are being well , like .....

WELL F'ing Preserved at there current duty life cycle :cool:

- NEVER , absolutely NEVER apply or insert ANY form of Graphite product into this or ANY other TOYOTA locks and keys scenario ,

- if you do your screwing yourself and your Land Cruiser and your wallet sooner rather then later , that CRAP advances the age time and wear tolerances of

anything i mention above as far as PART or PARTS go ..........

- now ..........

- if you have excessive slop , free play or a currently broken lock / locks or worn out keys of any kind whatsoever , Period Correct OEM Genuine Parts Remedy

solutions exist Exclusively via our family run online Parts store or by PM 'ing me here directly on MUD ...

- NEW OEM Locks RE-KEYED and RE-CODED to match your existing factory KEYS and Factory LOCK Codes

- OEM TOYOTA New and NOS Key Blanks CODE Cut on our state of the art modern computerized NIPPONDENSO Brand Japan SST Key Cutting machine that uses
a digital , and laser guide for PERFECT -code cuts we stand behind each and every time we ship one or more out to our clients ...

- i am a TOYOTA T-TEN Certified Lock and Key Technician , and a Licensed Vehicles ONLY Lock Smith ...

thanks for your support ,

Kindly matt

1 - Copy (8) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

69057-90800 1.jpg

DSCN4497.JPG

DSCN4499.JPG

DSCN9907 (1) - Copy.png

Key banner - Copy.jpg

16161832245661.png

TR20_Toyota_Key_Blank - Copy.jpg

1622199200907.png

Last edited:

Last edited:
I'm planning to hide a kill switch on mine that disables the fuel cutoff solenoid on my 4bt.
Easy thing to do, and will probably buy me enough time to catch a thief or have them simply give up because it won't start. Luckily at the moment, mine is in bad enough shape that I can't imagine someone wanting it that bad lol...

Kill switch on ignition switch and ground of fuel pump are good starts. You can wire them up into pretty ingenious places if you think about it. Even some oem dash switches. Just saying.

Kill switch on ignition switch and ground of fuel pump are good starts. You can wire them up into pretty ingenious places if you think about it. Even some oem dash switches. Just saying.
Fuel pump grounding won't work for a 2F.

Check out the Cyclops relay. Replaces the fuel pump relay with a relay that has a key FOB to energize it. Looks just like an standard relay. You do have to have an electric fuel pump for it work. I am fuel injected so I have it on my 60. Would not be hard to do the same on the starter circuit if you do not have an electric fuel pump.

Fuel pump grounding won't work for a 2F.
Oh yeah good call. I installed mine when i did my swap. You could probably run it to the fuel cut solenoid or the igniter coil. This guy i know in the firstgen 4runner community wired one to his cig lighter and it was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom