Borrow my FST grommet hole punch for the cost of shipping. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did this rental tool idea go anywhere? need to install a paki top in the next few weeks.

I believe I also need to source these rear bow brackets. Any ideas for sources to buy?
View attachment 1221729
I realize this is an old old thread, but figured I would put this out there for future searchers (people still use the search function, right?). The corner brackets and bottom brackets are now being reproduced and available by Heritage Cruisers. I ordered both and both parts were a perfect fit.

I bought and used the grommet punch tool and sent it out for sharing with anyone that needed it. Then someone buggered it and sent it to the next person on the list who determined it wouldn't work and said he threw it out. I would have preferred to have been informed and had it sent back for me to determine if I could fix it.

Right, I view all tools loaned as gone that way you are happy when they return and if they still work thats even better, rarely happens tho, havent seen my table saw for over a year.

I bought and used the grommet punch tool and sent it out for sharing with anyone that needed it. Then someone buggered it and sent it to the next person on the list who determined it wouldn't work and said he threw it out. I would have preferred to have been informed and had it sent back for me to determine if I could fix it.
People suck. Bottom line. Sorry someone took advantage of your kindness and generosity.

Doesn’t seem like a normal response to just pitch the thing. I loaned out my knuckle centering tool to a local guy who couldn’t figure out how to use it so he beat on it with a hammer 😳 at least I got it back though.

This sign may apply.

Don't Borrow My Tools.jpg

I never expected to get it back but wanted it to still be out there punching holes.

I agree. That's just wrong. It’s not like the tool takes up a lot of space. Just take a pic. and toss it on the bench. then ask the owner what to do with it. That’s just plain courtesy.

Anyway, I haven’t seen it mentioned yet so I will. When using this tool, it’s important to use a rubber cutting block to protect the tool. If it’s used by backing it up with wood, a kitchen type cutting board, or some sort of plastic, damage will probably occur. Mine doesn’t get a lot of use but with the rubber cutting block, it stays sharp and looks like new. I just saw they have another style cutting block also. I get my stuff from Sailrite.

“Hole Tool” “Prong Tool” "Cutting Block #1" "Cutting Block #2" Both cutting blocks have videos.

Twist Lock Tool.jpg

Yeah I got my stuff from Sailrite. Good stuff. Worked great for me and at least a couple more folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom