Thanksgiving Mojave Road run November 26-29 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

smritte

SILVER Star
Threads
Its time for my annual Mojave road run. Vehicle limit is 8.

I will Be leaving From Laughlin on Saturday November 26.
When I exit depends on the group. I have the whole week off and can stay until December 1 just screwing around seeing the sights.
This is not a "Marathon Run". This is a touristy se stuff run. For those who have never been on one of my trips, I zigzag outside of the road hitting points of interest and sometimes may see something new.

I have several areas along to camp. That means if we don't run on schedule, it doesn't matter.

Requirements.
1. First Aid kit
2. Radio, 2m or GMRS. Handheld fine but it would be nice if you had an outside antenna to go with it.
3. Fire extinguisher.
4. Full size spare. This includes the tools to change it.
5. Front and rear attachment points. I normally run this in 2wd except for one sand area.

This is just the basic's. I will be giving out GPS coords and more info to those who sign up.
This is also being posted on two other forums. If you want to go, let me know. If you want to go on reserve because your not sure. That's cool also.

I need to find out if I'm going to be in the state that time of year.

I need to find out if I'm going to be in the state that time of year.
No problem. It normally takes a couple of weeks for me to get a roster going. Right now I have three possible, plus you.
I post early because some people need notice to put in for vacation time.

Last edited:
Well crap. I was heading up there this weekend but my whole end of the route is closed.
Thank you for this. I was heading out Friday night and it would have sucked to get a road closed.
It may be a "soft" closure with just a sign....but there may be a severe wash out making things impassable. You take your chance.

I seem to have two alternates. 1. Laughlan is open. That's four hours out of my way plus the drive across to the other side making it an eight hour drive. 2. Rail track service road near stateline. Thats almost two hours out of my way and close to two to camp.
Then there's the around the barricade and hope I don't get caught (again).
Sigh
Missed out on a trip last weekend up north due to the storm. Didn't want to unload my truck again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom