Cottonland Picture of the Day Thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, besides all the political bull****: You all good down there?

I don’t know what to believe vis-a-vis the news so it’s easier to just ask my friends WTF is going on in Jackson?

So, besides all the political bulls***: You all good down there?

I don’t know what to believe vis-a-vis the news so it’s easier to just ask my friends WTF is going on in Jackson?

We’re good. @under_psi, @Franken470 and others in the restaurant business are affected the most. I’m sure the cost and extra leg work for bottled water is getting old.

Years of misappropriated money by the Jxn leaders has led to this. The water system has always sucked!

#nasty #100life #steeringgear

E03E0B91-E136-4602-8E24-7477E0A20614.jpeg

#TOYODA

It’s about the equivalent of living in a modern 3rd world country right now, I’ve seen both and honestly if the crime waves were back at a peak, I’d likely be better off back in Iraq only because you al least expect it to be the way it is and not the capital city in the US.

Decades of “deferred maintenance” so the mayors would use the budget to get votes or fix issues that were much more visible.
Then the 2nd largest customer of the water system (west rankin) decided they would build their own tacitly. During that time period COJ decided it would upgrade its meters and also created a huge debacle. The long short is in the last 5-7 years the city hasn’t collected up to 50-70% of the revenue it should be from billing and is now completely bankrupt. We even raised our own sales tax to help generate more money but it’s too little too late. We do now have the national spotlight so the state and fed are stepping in to at least get the water stable. It’s a huge PITA all the way around.

That sucks. I've been reading into it more and it seems the state environmental office checked out on them several years ago and handed them to the EPA. EPA has had multiple enforcement actions against them for several years. Suck part about it all is that water is one of the most fundamental needs for a community and the fact that they can't seem to get a handle on it is a real shame. And the saddest part is that I don't expect anyone will "pay" for it. The folks that got the city into this position are either gone or will simply fade into the background.

I just hope if there is federal assistance issued, that there is some strict oversight to ensure it gets where it needs to go and doesn't dissappear into another election promise.

Also, the more I read, it is becoming apparent that the Flood waters did not actually reach the plant, but "complications due to the flooding" have been blamed for pushing things over the edge. Man what a mess.

Last edited:
Skunked by lack of new scraper ring in TT knuckle kit. Anyone know where I can get just the metal scraper ring...
20220905_140936.jpg

Had big plans to have this side back together this afternoon...

Last edited:
You stud(s) you...

20220905_164827.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom