What did you work on tonight? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yesterday, Isabelle and I spent 11 hours wiring up her 4Runner. Our list was rather huge because I only wanted to do this ONCE:
  • fused constant hot outlets x 3
  • voltage display in the cargo + fridge outlet
  • stereo pre-amp out to future sub location
  • fused power to sub
  • fused power to a dash switch for future under chassis light
  • fuse box #1 in the engine bay
  • fuse box #2 in the cargo area
We ran power and pre-amp wires on opposite sides of the vehicle in order to minimize inductive noise. This girl wants to thump :rofl:

I surprised her with a Thule cargo box and a Yakima awning. I've had the awning for six years that we picked up at the REI garage sale for, I think less than $50. It had a broken pole or something. Now she's truly "overlandy" now. :)

I replaced upper ball joint boots on my LX470 this weekend. Thankfully it went as easily as it should have. Both were done in little more than 2 hours.

I bought 3 boots just in case I tore one, but that was never a concern. If anyone wants or needs an upper ball joint boot for a 100 series/LX 470 let me know and it's yours. I'm sure it fits other Toyotas, but I don't know which ones. PN 43324-69085. Comes with boot, grease, and wire retainer.

Finally drove this freaking thing home from CO Springs. It's been quite a journey with plenty to still do, but I have a functioning truck. Eager to get to know everyone!

278A1172.jpg

278A1179.jpg

278A1195.jpg

Well bring it to the breakfast this Saturday if you can. Details in the sticky section.

The bezel on the wall is upside down. :flipoff2:

The bezel on the wall is upside down. :flipoff2:
Damn it Pappy, I was hoping you were gonna let that one go........ old dogs, new tricks and all that :rofl:

Daughter brought her 4runner up to have me fix the air conditioner. I went to move it into the garage and she had almost nothing for brakes. The pedal was hard to push and they were barely grabbing. Her boyfriend recently changed the front brakes and said it just needed bled. Well, I ended up replacing the booster, adjusting the rear shoes, and bleeding them. It also needed an alignment. Needless to say, the A/C won't be getting fixed for a while. I just figured stopping is better than being cool.

I guess even though she's marrying that boy in a couple weeks I'm still stuck with working on her junk.

PXL_20220818_163832126.MP.jpg

Daughter brought her 4runner up to have me fix the air conditioner. I went to move it into the garage and she had almost nothing for brakes. The pedal was hard to push and they were barely grabbing. Her boyfriend recently changed the front brakes and said it just needed bled. Well, I ended up replacing the booster, adjusting the rear shoes, and bleeding them. It also needed an alignment. Needless to say, the A/C won't be getting fixed for a while. I just figured stopping is better than being cool.

I guess even though she's marrying that boy in a couple weeks I'm still stuck with working on her junk.

View attachment 3090286
Sounds like maybe you got a new apprentice and you can teach him a few things!

Sounds like maybe you got a new apprentice and you can teach him a few things!

I am a terrible teacher. I don't have the patience. The best I can do is let someone watch as long as they stay out if the way and don't talk too much.

View attachment 3090286
You prolly should never drive anything I own
Whats that motor going in?

You prolly should never drive anything I own
Whats that motor going in?

I don't mind driving something that may or may not make it to my destination, for me that can be fun. I don't want the wife or kids sitting on the side of the road.

That motor is for that white Ford pickup I have sitting outside. The engine in the truck is blown and just 2 motor mount bolts away from being able to come out, but I lost interest when I found out the cab had to be removed to pull the engine.

FAE6FED7-0C23-47C5-9D5E-86F91CD07A58.jpeg

D8EBAA49-90FC-4D3C-A6DF-8811914D0420.jpeg

(2nd pic stolen from google images)

250k mile oem cv boot finally tore just in time for an autozone 20% off online sale so I bought the duralast “extended travel” cvs which are really just trakmotive axles in an autozone box. These axles are kinda interesting because they have a slip yolk thing sorta like a driveshaft
A902E8D0-EB60-4EDC-8559-383B8EFF5D0E.jpeg

They seem to work because they do not bind at full droop like the oem cv did.

Wow, that's really cool. Thanks for educating us on this style of CVs. 🤟 Would you please update your post with the AutoZone link so that we don't confuse these with the normal units pls? Thx.

Wow, that's really cool. Thanks for educating us on this style of CVs. 🤟 Would you please update your post with the AutoZone link so that we don't confuse these with the normal units pls? Thx.

Here’s the part numbers for them at other places. Typically labeled “ET” or noted as lifted/extended travel.

trakmotive - TO-8043ET

Autozone - 16067N

Napa - NCV 941733

Orileys - TO8043ET

If anyone lost a pair of needle nose pliers and would like them back let me know. I found them.
PXL_20220905_162615736.MP.jpg

PXL_20220905_181901532.MP.jpg

Was hoping to get another month out of these tires. Oh well. It's just money right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom