Builds Just had to treat myself for Halloween... 65 SWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Try this media, with degreaser and water
Works great, i prep all my disk brake conversions by dropping everything in and running it for a night. a bit messy to clean up but beats cleaning all the little things by hand. I would love an industrial parts washer washing machine thing but not really in the cards.

Had a great morning visit, coffee run and beach cruise to start my day from @landcruisnman in the MegaPig!

Incredible rig!

54E4C068-27CC-4FA5-AA20-08BBA506C27F.jpeg

!0 days from 14 year ownership anniversary! What a great buy looking back...

3 days away from generous cruiser heads coming to try to finish this power steering project.

Hoping it can get finalized.

Due to a few more personal setbacks the power steering won't be enough for me to get behind the wheel yet but my buds will probably appreciate it and it may be enough to convince my better half to drive it for the first time and take me for rides.

I will update as we go!

Thanks for following.

Tomorrow..

Welding steering column

Fitting column and steering wheel

Finalize power steering hoses

Reinstall radiator and shroud

Finalize steering linkage

Fender massaging

Should be able to move it around tomorrow.

Had a Great day hanging out. We pulled up and Dom was waiting in the driveway for us. Donuts and breakfast burritos started the day. Thanks for the invite Brother. Brett Noah and Pat always great seeing you guys

20221024_115827.jpg

20221024_115834.jpg

So everything is done and back together except the drivers side fender which is off to a great fab guy to make it look nice and clear the box.

Tomorrow morning the final bleeding of power steering fluid, coolant and then a test drive! Soexcited!

Can’t thank this crack team of cruiser heads enough.
On this project…..

Hours of volunteered time/labor and knowledge

A few beers

At least 90 seconds of laughter (maybe)

Several curse words

One broken hand

FB0AC17C-A109-4E46-A17D-BD8FDC777DF3.jpeg

A great show of friendship and love for fellow cruiser heads Especially one facing a long road to recovery.

Not only volunteering all their time, skills, etc but they came bearing gifts…

My first 80 series!

F21E7FF2-F9B2-4CC0-A15D-4714A6C64332.jpeg

Battery charged overnight and my daughter Sydney is excited to drive it around.

Badass ! Super stoked to see this. Now wheel the s*** out of the remote 60. Were going to have to build the family a backyard RC Off Road park

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom