Canvas Strap For '75 40 Tool Bag (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for your comment.

My wife did the stitchery on her Singer sewing machine, to poke through the cotton duck material.

We followed the OEM design, specifically sewing the male end to a point, making it much easier to thread it through the D rings.

Thanks for your comment.

My wife did the stitchery on her Singer sewing machine, to poke through the cotton duck material.

We followed the OEM design, specifically sewing the male end to a point, making it much easier to thread it through the D rings.
Want to make extra money? Lol

FYI, I made several set in the past.

FYI, I made several set in the past.

Are they a thing you're still doing?

If I get enough interest I can make more up. I'd like to make 5 or more at a time. I have enough hardware to make 1 set, but no strapping. I'll check parts availability tonight.

If I get enough interest I can make more up. I'd like to make 5 or more at a time. I have enough hardware to make 1 set, but no strapping. I'll check parts availability tonight.

What is the cost and material your using? Besides my 9/73 FST I also have a 10/75 76 model FHT that originally had the straps. This is my 10/75 straps and floor.
20220608_132431.jpg
20220608_130806.jpg

What is the cost and material your using? Besides my 9/73 FST I also have a 10/75 76 model FHT that originally had the straps. This is my 10/75 straps and floor.
View attachment 3361400View attachment 3361402

When I made my 1st set of straps it was for my 40 and I was fortunate I had most of the original hardware. I used some old used strapping material that I had. I was missing a 1 of the rectangular loops. I search my shop and found some wire similar is size from an old deep freezer basket and bent it to shape. Then I cleaned it all up and painted it. It appears your missing 2 D rings. You might be able to find some similar wire and make them. I only mention this because the hardware I use for the new straps sets are heavier and doesn't match the stk stuff. All the material and hardware that I use is contained in this thread if you follow the links. I decided I will not use cloth strapping and I won't sew the ends of the long strap to a point like they did originally. In the 1st post in my ad, I referenced the nylon strap lengths that I use. I'm not going to clean your hardware, I'll sew straps on what you send me. I will be careful with it, but it may get a little scratch. If you send me your hardware it will be $25 plus $10 shipping. I'll contact you when it's ready to ship and you can pay then.

When I made my 1st set of straps it was for my 40 and I was fortunate I had most of the original hardware. I used some old used strapping material that I had. I was missing a 1 of the rectangular loops. I search my shop and found some wire similar is size from an old deep freezer basket and bent it to shape. Then I cleaned it all up and painted it. It appears your missing 2 D rings. You might be able to find some similar wire and make them. I only mention this because the hardware I use for the new straps sets are heavier and doesn't match the stk stuff. All the material and hardware that I use is contained in this thread if you follow the links. I decided I will not use cloth strapping and I won't sew the ends of the long strap to a point like they did originally. In the 1st post in my ad, I referenced the nylon strap lengths that I use. I'm not going to clean your hardware, I'll sew straps on what you send me. I will be careful with it, but it may get a little scratch. If you send me your hardware it will be $25 plus $10 shipping. I'll contact you when it's ready to ship and you can pay then.

Forgot about this. The 76 trying to keep as original as possible. Will have to figure out the two missing D rings. 73 only the fixed nuts floor are left. That one needs a complete setup.

I would think you could find the right diameter stiff wire and bend it around the proper diameter pipe to get the right circumference then bend 90*s at the tail would get you close. I carefully opened up the mounting brackets just enuff to install the rect rings and clean them up little. Stk the ends of the wire are not welded together. The rings I used on the sets I make the wire is 3.2mm in diameter, stk is smaller. The straps are 1" wide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom