What did you do on your 70 series today? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove to a car show Sunday. Only Asian vehicles were in the parking lot. Bronco and Dodge were the coolest
0126D9EB-206B-4820-A014-12951943D1DF.jpeg

52B103D3-AF06-410E-A3CB-0E41196E3089.jpeg

ACD7DECC-49DB-445F-BB47-5548803AB71E.jpeg

FDF5B9A0-4D72-42A9-9B03-F255497E2C21.jpeg

96E1EDF7-AA54-40B7-970F-04E73E89E514.jpeg

Tightened my IP fuel cutoff solonoid due to a slight leak. Afterward problems with shutoff and startup so I removed it and found the rubber O-ring torn.... Removed the Oring and used numerous wraps of teflon tape on the threads. Now she's starting/stopping and not leaking.

This problem is the result of me using a solonoid advertised as "24V solonoid for bosch VE pump". Mostly the same as the toyota/denso IP solonoid, but available on Amazon in 2 days for less than $20 vs. the $150 or so for the part from overseas if you can find it. Not everything is right and matches perfect, but you can make it work.

Tightened steering knuckle nuts! Two were a bit under torque after 5000km..simply need to check them regularly.

Replaced front drive shaft with spare, pre-lubed the uni s first. Shall replace uni's on the old one on the next rain day.

Almost finished the water to air intercooler on the 3B-T , alot of moving stuff around and making new brackets
Just waiting on some pipe and a connector to complete it

IMG_20220830_214921[1].jpg

IMG_20220830_214855[1].jpg

I could probably have a lead on a 24V Alternator with Vakuumpump 27030-5032-84.
Spec says for HJ45 / BJ40.
Anybody an idea whether that would also fit my 1985 BJ73 3B?
Thank you for advice Ralf

Hello,

The part number appears to have a number missing. Is it 27030-50320-84?

The BJ40's B engine, although part of the B engine family, is different from the 3B. The H engine family is a different family.

Juan

Hello,

I played with the gas tank door's hook.

On older trucks, the cap has a design feature that allows it to latch into the hook.

My gas tank cap is all plastic but it has slits on the rim. I wondered if these somehow latched into the door hook.

A close up of the fuel tank door.

202208_17 3.jpg

The fuel cap hanging in the hook.

202208_17 1.jpg

202208_17 2.jpg

I am not sure it is a practical thing to do at the gas station. But it was fun to check. Or should I say play?

Juan

I keep coming up short on finding 8274s. Missed one for $300 by an hour. The rest have been $1000 used and I mean used. No thanks.
Ya the ones that do come up seem to have lived a hard life and need a complete overhaul. Luckily this one has been used 3-4 times by an old farmer! I was okay with spending $900. Better than any other winch out there at that price.

Got a pretty good rubberneck at a rural 4-way stop today. The best part was that it was from a guy driving a bright orange Lamborghini Huracán 😁

If anyones interested…… Tractor Supply is carrying the Scepter diesel fuel cans. The Scepter water can was available at Lowes. ** Both were in the $40.00 - $50.00 range.
C39F7EEE-940F-49F1-A618-0F2CD8FEAE88.jpeg
23BEE127-3D7A-4F27-8FC1-AB5F05177497.jpeg

Last edited:
If anyones interested…… Tractor Supply is carrying the Scepter diesel fuel cans. The Scepter water can was available at Lowes. View attachment 3104884View attachment 3104885
Are they very durable? Don't expect it to be as heavy duty as a military Jerry can, but it is any better than a normal plastic 5 gallon fuel jug? Does it have the annoying safety device in the nozzle? I'm in the market for another fuel jug. I might get one of these cuz it fits in a Jerry can mount, I also like the VP racing cans for $35 at the parts store.

Are they very durable? Don't expect it to be as heavy duty as a military Jerry can, but it is any better than a normal plastic 5 gallon fuel jug? Does it have the annoying safety device in the nozzle? I'm in the market for another fuel jug. I might get one of these cuz it fits in a Jerry can mount, I also like the VP racing cans for $35 at the parts store.
I’ve owned it for approximately 2 days so I really can’t answer any of your questions…… Sorry
I will take a peek at the nozzle tomorrow. 😊

I’ve owned it for approximately 2 days so I really can’t answer any of your questions…… Sorry
I will take a peek at the nozzle tomorrow. 😊
Yeah sorry for too many questions man. The new E15 gasoline is kicking my ass in my lawn mower and small engines. The plastic gas can I've been using for 20 years ain't cutting it no more. Alcohol in this new gas keeps absorbing moisture and liquid. I really like the VP racing 5 gallon cans for 35 bucks at the parts store, but it'd be nice to get a Jerry can size shape jug.

Took the LC dove hunting for opening day. Got there a bit late cuz it was raining didn't want to sit in the rain. Doves flying Way high by the time I got there after 4:00 p.m..
On the way had a chance to drive the bj73 for extended period between 65 and 70 mph with the AC running on a warm day. The auxiliary radiator parallel in my cooling system works. After about 10 minutes above 66 mph with the air going temp start to build. Temperature goes from 25% to about 33% between l and h, but never approaches the halfway mark. Egts start at about 1,030 Fahrenheit and after 10 minutes they're about 100° more due to heat soak in the engine, but it is under control it doesn't keep continuing to rise. ......There is room under my roof rack for a bigger radiator. The one there now is something I had off hand off of a Geo Metro. I would imagine if I went to the salvage yard and pulled something off of a pickup truck that was twice as big it would be even better. ......... Anyway I have proven new found defense against abusing the 3B beyond specification.

IMG20220903181138.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom