2023 Toyota Sequoia - 3rd Generation REVEALED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sequoia production starts today. Expect to see them trickling into lots soon.
I thought they were already being delivered since I saw a white one outside of Denver (Conifer Cafe) in early June. I haven't been keeping up with the production schedule. It did look nice in person.

Last edited:
I thought they were already being delivered since I saw a white one outside of Denver (Conifer Cafe) in early June. I haven't been keeping up with the production schedule. It did look nice in person.

Probably a marketing vehicle.

$20k mark up 😂🤣

1EFC7AE7-6B36-4A3B-BFD2-E6EC96B0FC29.jpeg

I'll be so glad when this nonsense is over.

What I want to know is who are the ones buying at 10-50k markup? I refuse to pay markup, but yet a vehicle I would inquire on would be gone the next week. 15k markup (new 1794). Not to mention the markup on the new LX.

If I had so much money that I didn't mind spending an extra $20k on a new vehicle, I wouldn't mind being called an idiot!

If I had so much money that I didn't mind spending an extra $20k on a new vehicle, I wouldn't mind being called an idiot!
That would certainly be a good problem to have, but I suspect people with that much "extra" money didn't get to the financial state they're in by making idiotic financial decisions. If the book "The Millionaire Teacher" is to be believed at face value (read it a few years back, didn't check its sources), the average millionaire (ie. person with a > $1M net worth) drives a $30k Camry, while the average deca-millionaire (ie. > $10M net worth) drives a $40k vehicle. "Money talks, wealth whispers" kind of thing.

I'd bet most of these silly purchases are being made possible by buyers taking on exorbitant amounts of debt.

The amazing part is that if you just call around, you can find dealerships who will commit to MSRP. I maybe spent 3 hours with email or text to find 2 dealers who would provide a LOI for MSRP sales, so if we assume the average markup is even $10k, that is $3000/hr for my time. If those people are earning over $3000/hr, they probably have someone else buying their vehicles for them anyway. And/or a driver.

The amazing part is that if you just call around, you can find dealerships who will commit to MSRP. I maybe spent 3 hours with email or text to find 2 dealers who would provide a LOI for MSRP sales, so if we assume the average markup is even $10k, that is $3000/hr for my time. If those people are earning over $3000/hr, they probably have someone else buying their vehicles for them anyway. And/or a driver.
I haven't had any luck finding a MSRP dealer on a new 1794. They were 8k, 10k, 10k, 10k and 15k markups. I stopped counting as many dealers magical markup was 10k.

What I want to know is who are the ones buying at 10-50k markup? I refuse to pay markup, but yet a vehicle I would inquire on would be gone the next week. 15k markup (new 1794). Not to mention the markup on the new LX.

Folks with plenty of money. I have a friend with a $2M jet plane. He wants a 23 Sequoia, he buys it. Cost is irrelevant.

Kinda like when I have the urge for Pizza, I get 2 slices, dont care what it costs.

Well, allocations are certainly moving through dealerships with October delivery. Just had to pass on a Capstone with my dealer. Still essentially priced at MSRP plus TTLD.

Wow, humblebrag much?! I bet you don't get extra toppings though! :)
I thought that he was throwing the 2 slice thing in our face.
Some of us can only buy 1 slice at a time!

Not sure how accurate this is on new cars but it might give some insight on the high prices of used cars.

I do agree it's an artificial supply issue, however I don't see it all being chip issue. Example my local dodge dealer has a carlot full of new cars, I doubt dodge has a better supply chain than any other manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom