Tales,Trails and Trials of a (wet) Dream Machine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, numerous hours of cleaning and prepping and a 10 minute 2 coat rattle can job (5 min flash time then second coat). Ended up using a whole can ( a good portion just blows by the parts).

The jack with the Teq logo is the one I kept from 1973 from my first 1972 pig.

The other jack is original to my 1970 red/white pig (no Teq logo)?

I used the 2 part paint mix so that any solvent based cleanup won’t damage the paint.

After refinishing the floor last weekend, it seemed like an insult to have a beat looking jack mounted to it.

View attachment 3098941View attachment 3098942View attachment 3098943View attachment 3098944
Did you take it apart and lube the innards?

A3E49476-7750-426A-946E-7AFDAD95DC3D.jpeg

I did inspect the insides of the jacks without dissecting and it all looked gooy and greasy.

on another note
out of all the chances I had to measure the location of the headrests I never thought to take the opportunity.

Anyone available to get a measurement for me regarding 1977 headrest location?

25BFE655-258F-40CC-9169-A50316A42E92.jpeg

My 77 is in the shop getting that little dent straightened out so I can't do so immediately. Should have it back later this week if nobody else gets them for you in the meantime. Seems to me though that there should be something internal that the female ferrules (for lack of a better term) mount to. In other words, I wouldn't think you could just stick them anywhere. :meh:

Seems to me though that there should be something internal that the female ferrules (for lack of a better term) mount to. In other words, I wouldn't think you could just stick them anywhere. :meh:
I believe all 1977 seats i have seen had headrests. The female, (gosh I love that word), receiver mechanisms are cast in the foam core at the top of the seat. I dissected a seat one time and extracted said mechanisms in case I ever needed some.

I’m thinking the P.O. upholstered over the holes where the receivers are. If I know the dimensions of where they are located I can poke a long needle through the perforated holes in the upholstery to verify the holes are there. I have a 1/8” borescope that I can inspect the holes for the mechanism.

Thanks for taking the time

Evan, I didn't know you had another pig. Is it supercharged yet?

I did inspect the insides of the jacks without dissecting and it all looked gooy and greasy.

on another note
out of all the chances I had to measure the location of the headrests I never thought to take the opportunity.

Anyone available to get a measurement for me regarding 1977 headrest location?

View attachment 3099696
need a cap for that grab handle?

Think I remember a Triumph in the stables. Late 50’s early 60’s.

need a cap for that grab handle?
I have the originals but their not in very good shape. Wonder if they are 3D able. Some day!
whats the car behind jacks?
1958 Triumph TR 3. A custom build back in 2000. Aluminum tonneau cover, blue printed engine. Thats when I was introduced to JE pistons and carrillo rods.

Well after years of hoping to maybe install headrests. Thanks to numerous pig donors and the fellow obsessed. Rusher for the headrests, pigeatn for the upholstery grommets and FJ55-100 for the dimensions that I used to locate where to cut into my upholster.
Used my micro bore camera to photo the internal location before taking the scalpel
to the upholstery
F3738B23-A1A2-4CC6-9426-B143FD19F8B0.jpeg
205E1DA3-5F14-4C09-9166-AE49CEF67083.jpeg
8E865F5E-029B-43A8-A61B-274609D87203.jpeg
D4506B9D-370C-4AEE-9680-B136C8F58CB3.jpeg
8B5FDE85-F921-4C1F-A61B-5A546F9775A3.jpeg

She just didn’t want to give up her bling. But look at the wow now.

thanks Don

Imagine the contents of that bottle helped tremendously with the more technical aspects of the operation.

Well, there are several minor dings that occurred during some very fun road runs. The first one was on my first adventure with my precious nine years ago. It was the last Cruiserfest that involved a trail run. It was graciously guided by Kirk. It started in Moab and toured a Utah that I had no idea existed. My initiation was to but a visible
dent in a rocker.

The next dent was the rear bumper horn mashing into the right rear quarter panel corner as the rear wheel fell into a hole and landed on a tree root. That was in the Tillamook Forest on a run with the Cascade Cruisers, another stunning road run. Thats a great event if any one is interested.

There are a few other scuffs and edges of body metal bent but not visible and were achieved with great pleasure.

Those adventures are worth their weight in gold. But now it’s time to repay my mistress with some love taps.

Being a tool addict I have added a new toy to the hord.

As soon as I get some exterior paint matched I will try out my new toy.

3582D283-BE02-4E5F-8BB1-2B82B779008A.jpeg
98236440-42FF-42CC-A06C-5C2C957E1724.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom