Spotted???? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My college roomate had brown 2nd Gen Celica. Really nice little car.
Then he got a brown Celica Supra with an auto transmission that slipped.

This one had a "5 Speed" emblem on it which I thought was interesting. Were they selling automatic Celica GTs back then? I wouldn't have thought so.

The Celica Supra was a stretched Celica with an I6. His had a really tired Auto box.
Without the two models being side by side, I think it'd be hard to tell the difference.

This one had a "5 Speed" emblem on it which I thought was interesting. Were they selling automatic Celica GTs back then? I wouldn't have thought so.
I don't know if this is the reason but back then it was something to tout over a four speed manual trans from others.

That's my rig in the pic. I also apologize for posting the question on this thread but though it would helpful if people saw it and didn't know how to move it to another post inside the CLCC group.

Can anyone in the group give me some tire recommendations asap for this rig (i ask the group as you have similar off road terrain (ill be doing mountain and beach). I have a new set of the Toyota 16 OEM rims. I have a 2" lift with OME suspension. I was trying to take my time researching but the cords have started to break on these old 15" tires. I'm trying to hit the 32" mark. 33s will be too much as I will have lots of highway time to my destinations and don't want research. Was looking at the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T SUV in 265/75R1632X10.50R16. I want to get the taller skinnier look and function but not go up to 33". All thoughts and recommendations greatly appreciated. Even if you think my tire size should be different. Thanks in advance for your time and hope to see folks at the Sept meeting. I was hoping to wait until then and look at people's rigs at the meeting but now I can't wait.

Copy and paste out your second paragraph and start a new thread on this topic. Post a few pics of your rig as well. This topic will produce more replies than we probably want in this thread.

I had a '74 Celica EXACTLY like that. "Brownie" was one of the best cars I've ever owned.
“Brownie”
Are we still talking about cars?

Just now in my parents' neighborhood in Dale City.

PXL_20220828_184318600.jpg

Hey, there is a 70 series up for auction at the Capital Auto Auction. Hope someone local picks it up and loves it.
1662049904381.png

Looks pretty nice, aside from being slush-box RHD, which some don't mind. Turbo Diesel too!

This has gotta be somebody on here, right?

Spotted today on Rte 7 heading east near Hamilton.
20220923_134545.jpg

Someone's taking a joy ride. Gainesville isn't that close to Springfield
PXL_20220924_142545911.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom