Post up what you pedal (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stoked on my first bike build soon.

This is a Squid Bikes “FOJ”… “****-off Johnny”.

https://www.squidbikes.com/collections/bikes/products/****-off-johnny2

Gift from the owner. She’s going to design and paint it, and then we’ll build it with some good components under advisement from my LC/Bike world friends.

479657B6-1151-4C8D-BF20-AF9050B48263.jpeg

615AEEC2-318A-4AED-A809-F85A6B84AE4A.jpeg

@OGBeno A Gravtron is in my future. Squids are rad.

Awesome!

Had to replace the frame on my Yeti SB5.5 after it was crunched. Loved my V2 RSD Mayor so gave them a shot with their new RS291 chromoly 29er frame. Closest to love at first ride since my Session 10 haha guess I should've built a burly hardtail years ago.

20220522_141729.jpg

V2 Mayor was stolen the week of Christmas so its getting a replacement in the shape of the V5 Mayor pieced together as funds allow. Building wheels for it now.

Ol' V2
20200711_184411.jpg

And the ubiquitous Session 10 from my DH racing days. Its still ready to send it... even if I'm not up to it.
20190309_143425.jpg

Once upon a time.
PICT0002_zps4fedfe70.jpg

Nice. Looks like Ohio has some nice wooden features, too!

Reactions: xlx
Here's my recent n+1 bike addition. I found a guy selling an aluminum Octane One Sour 27.5+/29er frame and fork for $200 on FB Markeplace. I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, I built it up as a fun single speed rig. Man, it's a like an adult BMX bike. Loving it. The 3" wide tires on 40mm ID wide rims are a sweet combo. I get some nice cush in the rear and have a ton of grip on the trail.

1661783019574.png

Here's my recent n+1 bike addition. I found a guy selling an aluminum Octane One Sour 27.5+/29er frame and fork for $200 on FB Markeplace. I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, I built it up as a fun single speed rig. Man, it's a like an adult BMX bike. Loving it. The 3" wide tires on 40mm ID wide rims are a sweet combo. I get some nice cush in the rear and have a ton of grip on the trail.

What gearing are you running on the SS? Do you always run flat-pedals? I don't think I could do flats on an SS as I sometimes need to be able to 'pull' up on the crank on steep trails.

What gearing are you running on the SS? Do you always run flat-pedals? I don't think I could do flats on an SS as I sometimes need to be able to 'pull' up on the crank on steep trails.
I'm running 30x20 currently. It is a good compromise that allows me to climb some of the short/punchy climbs on trails here in Austin. Yes, I run flats and have had no issues. I ran clipless for 20+ years but started running flats 3 years ago when I got back into riding (no more kids).

I run 32X20, every year I seem to add one more tooth to the rear cog...getting old and soft sucks.

Old? Naah, experienced. :)

Litespeed Blue Ridge frame built up with Campy Veloce 10 speed groupset and really sturdy 36 spoke wheels with Shimano XT hubs. Yes, I am running campy derailleur on Shimano hub. I regularly chase my kids on single track rides with this bike, and then beat their asses on most paved trails!

20220716_165808.jpg

Litespeed Blue Ridge frame built up with Campy Veloce 10 speed groupset and really sturdy 36 spoke wheels with Shimano XT hubs. Yes, I am running campy derailleur on Shimano hub. I regularly chase my kids on single track rides with this bike, and then beat their asses on most paved trails!

View attachment 3100397
I run Shimano XT shifter and derailleur with a Sram X01 cassette and chain (DT Swiss 240 hubs, XD driver)

48A15328-DC67-4ABF-9D53-D17EEE759053.jpeg

I run Shimano XT shifter and derailleur with a Sram X01 cassette and chain (DT Swiss 240 hubs, XD driver)

View attachment 3100488
+1 for frankestein components. I run Magura MT5 calipers, with MT7 ceramic pads, with Shimano XT levers. They are a HUGE upgrade to my old Saint 4 pot brakes. Besides the Hayes Dominion A4 4 pot brakes, these are the best brakes ive ever ridden on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom