Builds Gerry's Build thread: "If it happens again I'm buying an Abrams" (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, I need to do this too. It's been a solid year since I have done any sort of off road driving yet I have been running around on e rated tires

Pretty sure that is the moment (separate wheels/tires per application) you know officially that you are getting to be an angry old man. That, and you perfect the "get off my lawn" bark. What a time to be alive!

Pretty sure that is the moment (separate wheels/tires per application) you know officially that you are getting to be an angry old man. That, and you perfect the "get off my lawn" bark. What a time to be alive!

With age comes wisdom.

And I hate the idea of kids on my lawn.

White New Balances from Costco is the jammy jam. My back has never felt so good! Like Michelin street tires for your feets.

The Jeep I sold last month came with 33” D rated KO2’s when I put on 35” KO2’s I went with C rated. They felt so much smother on the road. I might look for some new rims so I can change the D rated KO’s on my LX to C rated.

I had all 5 of those 16" wheels blasted and coated this week, I think they look pretty slick. Nice to have wheels worth giving a crap about on the truck.

Today was tire shuffle day. Took the trailer to Discount and let them mount the Michelins, swap those on to the truck, dismount the Toyos, install Dynabeads and remount the tires. They'll hang out for a few weeks until it's time to throw them back on for COTR.

IDK why I didn't think of this sooner. To hell with running MTs on the road. It feels like my truck has pillows for feet now and I love it. Call me a mall crawler, I don't care.

View attachment 3098745
View attachment 3098746
View attachment 3098747

Need to pick up a few extra lug nuts and mount the spare on the back still. Mileage today is 311,500.

Been meaning to ask: did you choose to go with E load rating for longevity or were the Defenders only available as E rated in 33"?

Been meaning to ask: did you choose to go with E load rating for longevity or were the Defenders only available as E rated in 33"?
Don't you mean Michelin's "white new balance" Defender in old man load (E)? :rofl:

Introducing Michelin's newest defender lineup for you Mall crawler. When you're cruising the parking lots looking for hot single MILFs this tire will help you get the job done in any weather. Rain or shine Michelin's newest tire will keep you and your sweet grocery getter safe from anything mother nature throws at you. See your local tire retailer for more information and Labor day savings. Also available in old man load (E).

100-nb-990v4-18530-rt-1522852699.jpg

E was all that was available. I definitely would have taken a D rating, not sure about a C given normal running weight plus occasional towing.

E was all that was available. I definitely would have taken a D rating, not sure about a C given normal running weight plus occasional towing.
How much does your girl weigh these days? I know it's impolite to axe. But I am curious.

Don't knock the LTX. They will run circles around the AT's in the winter months.

Don't knock the LTX. They will run circles around the AT's in the winter months.
On the contrary! I am seriously considering these as my all round tires. I just need to decide whether I get these vs. winter dedicated tires

On the contrary! I am seriously considering these as my all round tires. I just need to decide whether I get these vs. winter dedicated tires
Fwiw, the ones I bought are the "M+S" which designates mud and snow capabilities. I have no clue how they'll compare to a dedicated snow tire but I imagine they're probably not 100% as good. But, they're probably way better than about all mud tires that aren't even rated in snowy conditions.

Then again, I don't live in a snowy hell hole so I've never even owned a set of snowies before.

Did some arts and crafts today. I'd ordered a new set of lug nuts for these 16s as the ones I had were gross and rusty.

20220902_120641.jpg

I also repainted the center caps to match the new powder. I used a chisel to break the plastic welds from the back side that hold on the Sombrero logos, scuffed em and shot em with gunmetal wheel paint and clear. Feels good, looks more finished and complete.

20220902_120623.jpg

20220902_144120.jpg

20220902_144136.jpg

Mileage is like 312k or something.

How much does your girl weigh these days? I know it's impolite to axe. But I am curious.
I haven't weighed it but I'll guess somewhere right around 7k. I had done some simple math with the bolt ons but that's been a while.

I haven't weighed it but I'll guess somewhere right around 7k. I had done some simple math with the bolt ons but that's been a while.
Maths are hard.
Nice arts and crafts time. I like that you kept the Yoda logo original.

Maths are hard.
Nice arts and crafts time. I like that you kept the Yoda logo original.
Well you know, I'm big on keeping my cars very original.

Going bobsledding wheeling tomorrow so I threw the Toyos back on. Big improvement on the highway with the balancing beads in there. Shoulda done it sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom