brake line "WAY" size & pitch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1978 FJ40 Passenger frame rail two 90* "way" part number 90413-10028. (I think)
can anyone confirm (solid) the size & pitch?
I think it is 10mm x 1.0.
This is the piece I would like to fix/find or replace.
or any resources to get the parts would be appreciated.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

I believe all later model brakelines are 10x1.0. You can put a wanted ad in the classified section, or find someone parting out a 40. That part started in 76 when 40's got disc brakes in the frt. I believe you'll need the longer hardline fittings.
20220428_182936.jpg

Yes sir.. I have that, and I do believe your size and pitch is correct. (From My research)
I have the part just threads are buggered up bad. SO either need a replacement with good threads or where to by another and build the bracket.
I do believe I know the Japenese Flare is different than the European... so I need a "WAY" (The actual 90) with internals to seat the flare and make a 90. I found a couple options but not sure it has the proper 'Flare Seat' (IF that is what you call that feature?)

It's an inverted flare in the fitting. Good luck on your search. It's probably easier to use the classifieds or a vendor may have a used one. USA spec, 75(drum brake) and earlier used a single 90* fitting going to the rear brakes. Disc's had the fittings in your pic. Fyi, Around 69 or 70 and earlier they used 9mm fittings.

It's an inverted flare in the fitting. Good luck on your search. It's probably easier to use the classifieds or a vendor may have a used one. USA spec, 75(drum brake) and earlier used a single 90* fitting going to the rear brakes. Disc's had the fittings in your pic. Fyi, Around 69 or 70 and earlier they used 9mm fittings.
Thank You - I think I might have found something, but it will be Monday. With that, can you confirm that 7/70 to 7/80 is a 10mm x 1.0 (Size and THread) or do you know where I can confirm this?

Except the threads on the inbound side of the rear circuit are buggered up… had a few left and now they’re gone.

So it would be a really pretty paper weight and the cruiser would only have front brakes - probably not safe. ?? 🤷‍♂️

Well, then good luck finding the replacement. If used then at least you know how to make it look better and last longer. :)

Well, then good luck finding the replacement. If used then at least you know how to make it look better and last longer. :)
It’s been a while (2012) but thanks to the help and guidance of all the members here, I successfully cleaned and repaired an entire cruiser… frame off. And yes, your methodology is what I would definitely use.

CEA739CE-2445-4E83-A1BB-BEB72A472C83.jpeg

FC693E91-6D81-47D5-A112-7D74FA7F393C.jpeg

I believe all later model brakelines are 10x1.0. You can put a wanted ad in the classified section, or find someone parting out a 40. That part started in 76 when 40's got disc brakes in the frt. I believe you'll need the longer hardline fittings.
View attachment 3098482
So the info I found held that part from 7/70 to 7/80, maybe I heard it wrong on the phone. 7/76 to 7/80?? (Just posting what I’ve learned based on your info)

Last edited:
Sorry for the double posting etc. First time getting used to phone app.

Last edited:
I would guess sor and possibly marks off road has brakeline diagrams and references the yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom