Death shake/ T-case pops into N (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, death shake occurred. Came to complete stop, shifted into 1 gear and nothing. Shifted into 2,3,4, and 5 still didn't move.
Realized TC shifter jumped into N. Shifted back into 2H or 4H, drive for 100 yards and the same thing happens. My Mech says I need to new TC. This current TC which I had installed 12-15 years ago new along withba H55h, only has about 70,000 miles on it.

Any ideas?????

So, death shake occurred. Came to complete stop, shifted into 1 gear and nothing. Shifted into 2,3,4, and 5 still didn't move.
Realized TC shifter jumped into N. Shifted back into 2H or 4H, drive for 100 yards and the same thing happens. My Mech says I need to new TC. This current TC which I had installed 12-15 years ago new along withba H55h, only has about 70,000 miles on it.

Any ideas?????

Check your fluid levels and see if you have a bad mount somewhere.

u joints?
how fast were you going?

was your drive shaft loose? My driveshaft got loose after an axle housing swap and then some heavy towing on my hj75. Lucky I caught it and found the vibrations, tightened the preload on the tc output bearing. If left for awhile it would kill the transfer.

Maybe one of many reasons.

was your drive shaft loose? My driveshaft got loose after an axle housing swap and then some heavy towing on my hj75. Lucky I caught it and found the vibrations, tightened the preload on the tc output bearing. If left for awhile it would kill the transfer.

Maybe one of many reasons.
Thanks much, will take a look.

Death shake as in death wobble? The kind that means front tires jerking back and forth uncontrollably? If so any moveable connection on steering and front suspension can be suspect as well as alignment and tire balance/damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom