Builds BurnttoastBurgos builds "Butter Bean" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so here we are........just getting to bolt this tent down tonite, and the stinkin ladder is like 8" short....what gives?

20220822_195946.jpg

.....then got MRSA infection mid Feb........Dr said "cmon in, we'll irrigate the hand and then come back in 10 weeks and we can re do the surgery".....he said it with an encouraging grin......I got pretty depressed, leaving on wicked pain meds anticipating a depressing 3 month hiatus. Got the operation, now i'm 15 weeks out of the 3rd operation and just barely able to squeeze toothpaste on my toothbrush. but...I have my hand and after forging and fabricating steel my whole life, I consider myself very fortunate.

View attachment 3094526
Oh Brother, that is brutal!! So sorry you were injured, that’s a tough road. Glad to hear you’re on the mend and cultivating some gratitude at still having a hand. By the looks of it, you’ve done some amazing work and I look forward to your future projects. Heal well, brush your teeth a lot. 😰

Glad you're on the mend.

I have nearly identical pictures of my left hand from 2 years ago.
Got lazy using an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel to cut a pipe I was holding in my left hand.
The blade bit and kicked back and sliced from the web between my ring and middle halfway down the back of my hand...
perfectly inbetween the two extensor tendons though!
I know how lucky I got.

Heal up, keep up the good work and be safe!

I have nearly identical pictures of my left hand from 2 years ago.
Got lazy using an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel to cut a pipe I was holding in my left hand.
The blade bit and kicked back and sliced from the web between my ring and middle halfway down the back of my hand...
perfectly inbetween the two extensor tendons though!
I know how lucky I got.

Heal up, keep up the good work and be safe!
not good Dude.....did we learn our lesson? I HOPE you at best wear gloves, as I KNOW you've seen the pics with the guy that has half a grinder disc hanging out his cheek.....
Be well....

Thank you for the kind words.....Next up sliders, then front bumper w/12K Warn.

Eezi-awn sells a ladder extension for your ladder that's too short. They don't build trucks in South Africa as tall as we do here in the states.
should be here wednsday.

Ok....here we go on the bumper and sliders. As good as 4x4 Labs makes them, I have my own take on the front bumpers. I HATE being the same as everyone else, but there are a choice few manufacturers out there that make high quality stuff.

20220901_185645.jpg

20220901_185639.jpg

Just read the whole thread.
You don't mess around, all high end stuff.
DIY build is quality also.
Looking forward to see how all of it turns out.

ok, back at it again....got a little side tracked with a project that had a August 1st teardown date in order to meet January paint booth date. Im a couple days late but made it on the rotisserie and in the booth now. I have two months to finish the LX450 before the Z28 build comes back

20191011_164010.jpg

20220723_210452.jpg

20220723_210754.jpg

1609559719559077597.jpg

Cut an additional hole for audio amp air vent, used some "holy steel" and a bit of paint to make it what it aint

20230123_185735.jpg

20230123_190029.jpg

20230123_190245.jpg

Last edited:
HOW THE HECK do you make pics "thumbnails" instead of "full image" ?????

...no, its mine. 58k orig miles...had it, drove it for while till i decided the time was right. Tore it down, stripped it of everything, sandblasted and powder coated all hard steel ( subframe, rad support, wheel houses, hinges, all small parts and goods)....now waiting for the body to come out of the paint booth. House of Kolors Tangelo Orange Pearl. 500hp 4 bolt main, Sniper intake with a 5 speed TKX , 9" 35 spline and a Tru track, full tilt UMI suspension and Viking shocks.. she gonna rip for sure !!

Last edited:
Alas...the long awaited day I simply just didn't want to do....this air comp mount and relay box. Took a bit of time and thought, but its tight and removable from the fabbed up base. This is the third of three relay/fuse made by Concours Specialties...…excellent quality, 6 switched relay and 6 constant, super versatile !! I've seen guys make their own, I simply don't have the patience to do it the way I expect it to be done so its worth the coin.

GOD BLESS THE MAN that made rivnuts !!

20230131_172042.jpg

20230131_173126.jpg

20230131_173336.jpg

20230131_190028.jpg

20230131_190038.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom