Wanted Rear sliding windows; L +R SOR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for sliding rear windows for a ‘76 FJ40. Specter off road used to sell these. I am in Arizona. Tom

Tom have you verified these work with a roll bar? I know the OEM sliders the handle didn't clear the roll bar. You never had any luck finding the parts to add vent windows?

Tom have you verified these work with a roll bar? I know the OEM sliders the handle didn't clear the roll bar. You never had any luck finding the parts to add vent windows?
Hey John. I found a nice set but shipper want $800 per side to ship to Phoenix. That is more than the $700 I would have paid for the pair. Sellar said I understand if you want to pass on them. Only been looking for years🙄. SOR stopped selling them like 2 months after I contacted them to buy a pair. That was like two years ago.

I have nice pair of OEM rear sliding windows. PM if interested.
Not sure they were OEM, pretty sure SOR sold them. Have a picture?

I have a pair of SOR sliding windows that were on a 76 Fj40 that I bought and they clear the rollbar unlike the OEM version. PM me if you are interested. If so, I can get some pics and a price.

Thanks
Blake

I have a pair of SOR sliding windows that were on a 76 Fj40 that I bought and they clear the rollbar unlike the OEM version. PM me if you are interested. If so, I can get some pics and a price.

Thanks
Blake
Did you like the OEM set I sent to you Blake?

Yes sir, but they won't fit with my rollbar installed but that is not your fault. I never thought to ask anyone.

Thank you for asking. I hope you are well, Amir!

Last edited:
Hey John. I found a nice set but shipper want $800 per side to ship to Phoenix. That is more than the $700 I would have paid for the pair. Sellar said I understand if you want to pass on them. Only been looking for years🙄. SOR stopped selling them like 2 months after I contacted them to buy a pair. That was like two years ago.
UMMM...for just the glass? If so, let me know and send me a PM, if you are just looking for the glass I might be able to help. It won't be fast as life is hectic right now (understatement), but I have lots of FJ40 glass including vent windows.

UMMM...for just the glass? If so, let me know and send me a PM, if you are just looking for the glass I might be able to help. It won't be fast as life is hectic right now (understatement), but I have lots of FJ40 glass including vent windows.
Looking for the sliding windows that would fit in the side window space of a 3/76’ FJ40, not vent windows that came stock on ‘77 and later years. Tom

Here are a few pictures of the sliding windows from SOR that I have (off of a 76 fj40). Please message me if you are still looking

08C9DB4F-1DCE-489B-B069-C64F0DA3DA73.jpeg

45CFEE1D-BF79-4E5E-96CB-0D84380F9E27.jpeg

Last edited:
Oddly enough, I never heard back from the original poster 🤷🏻‍♂️
Probably because you didn't tag them in your post or send them a direct PM offering them for sale. Sucks for the OP someone swooped up on this deal and the search continues. Proper forum etiquette would have been to offer them to the OP first, and if they rejected due to price or other reasons, sell to the user who contacted you directly through PM from your posting in this want ad. My $0.02 :meh:

Thanks
Blake
hello did you sell the rear sliding windows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom