September 9-11th: Updated Kessler Memorial Run - 2022 (1 Viewer)

What (alternative) date works best in September for the Kessler Memorial Run?

• Friday, September 2nd - 4th (Labor Day Weekend)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To those attending the Kessler Memorial Run this year, we need your input.

We've had several conflicts come up with the original winning date of the last poll which was September 16th. We would like to push the run up either one or two weekends to help clear the conflict(s) and maximize attendance. Those dates align with the weekends of either September 2nd or September 9th. Additionally, we would look at a change in venue to Flat Nasty.
  • September 2nd is Labor Day weekend and is expected to be busy, but manageable at Flat Nasty in my conversations with their team. We will likely deal with side by sides both weekends, but it may be a larger quantity this weekend.
  • September 9th should be less busy by virtue of not being a holiday weekend
As of earlier today, the bunk house and their rustic cabin were available, as well as plenty of sites with electrical. Tent camping is available without reservation. It should be a great alternative to SMORR (hopefully you can make it in May when we go!) and Rush Springs which we did for last year's event.

This poll will run the next 4 days through April 5th. - Please weigh in by your vote and/or input below.

FLATNASTY - OFF-ROAD PARK - https://www.flatnasty.com/lodging-rv-s

Trail map: https://www.flatnasty.com/_files/ugd/c9e2e6_fedfdda613c14e60955d7de2fc3f2092.pdf

I apologize for the inconvenience if you've made any reservations with SMORR and also for juggling plans around. We hope to see you this year at the Kessler Memorial Run.

Thanks,
Jack

Last edited:
I am open either weekend. We really don't do lake weekends over the big holidays, so pretty flexible on those days.

I am not a big fan of huge crowds when wheeling, but will find a way to make any weekend work for this event.

Looks like we’ve had an overwhelming response for the second week of september, the 9-11th. we’ll officially set the Kessler Memorial Run for that weekend at Flat nasty.

As mentioned in the original post, there is a variety of accommodations at Flat Nasty, whether you’d like to get into a bunk house, have electrical needs, or set up a tent. The Stocks will be reserving the bunk house so please reach out to Ben for additional information and payment if you’d like to get in.

Ben reached out and booked the bunk house for us, so we have that option set, and then you can rent the electric sites through their website.

1649790274870.png

i think I got site 3...

There is only one bed left in the bunk house. There is floor space and couches left. Reach out if you are interested.

Screenshot_20220516-193824_Chrome.jpg

TTT, who all is going? Need to figure out my weekends soon and what vehicles i have done enough to go!

I'm in. Going to bring a teardrop to sleep in. Is there a public bathroom near the RV spots? I can't tell from the website.

We have rented the house, so we typically all use it, including the showers.

I don't really need an RV site, though shore power might be convenient. Would there be a spot near the bunk hose to park a 14' tear drop and my cruiser?

Edit: never mind, booked site 2 and it appears it can't be canceled.

Last edited:
As I’ve never been to Flat Nasty, I search for some videos and found this one of an 80 running a bunch of the trails. This looks like quite a challenge for the 200. Not following Rob…

Coming up just around the corner! Looking forward to seeing everybody next week.

Guess we should probably start travel arrangements. Is anybody planning on heading down Thursday morning?

FYI, There is a free nav app called Makrika that has the Flat nasty trail map available as a download. Its the same map as you can get from the Flat Nasty web site but it will display on your phone or tablet and show your gps location on the map.

there is an Android version too. OnX also has the Flat Nasty trails on the high res maps.

I'll be heading down Friday afternoon.

Bump: looking like Friday AM departure is most likely. Post up if there’s interest in caravanning and we’ll hash out the time/location.

We are doing a short run of shirts this year that will be available for $10 each.

We also have some extra shirts from prior years that will be available as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom