Long range aux lighting suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live at the end of a unpaved Baja beach road which means sand, medium sized rocks, deep ruts and lots of free range cows- so looking to add some long range aux lights to my front bumper. I have a 30000LM LED light bar that works good for short to mid range, but am hoping for something longer range( pencil beams for lack of a better term ) for off road driving only.

I had a pair of Pro Comp #9160 130w H3 spots that worked great, where budget priced but found them no longer available on my since sold Ford CCSB Powerstroke. Any suggestions besides the crazy priced off-road race lights? Open to your used options as well.

Thx

ARB Intensity lights with the spot light mode are expensive but well worth it. I suppose like with all other products you get what you pay for. ARB and Rigid seem to have some of the best options.

Check out www.led-colight.com, I have a pair of their laser long-range 9" lights and they're awesome for long-distance driving. Not cheap but also not insanely expensive.

Thx for the feedback, lights are on the way...

Looks like I'm too late, but I like my Hella 7" Spot LED lights a lot. I park on the street and don't like the idea of having $$'s of dollars of lights sitting out there...same goes for when I am in Mexico. Rather use something cheaper and less flashy.

For future reference, $88 each
Amazon product ASIN B01BNF5GPO

This is what I did ,,9 inch leds, all on spot,,I made the cage
4534940D-5C85-44F5-8C72-92DD3288B72C.jpeg

Blitz 240.....you will run out of road before you run out of light. I have had these on my work truck since 2008....and they are on every trip back from work. NEVER had an issue

100_3608.jpg

I run a set of BajaDesigns LP9’s. They send out some light at a distance I can’t really outrun in my FZJ80. BajaDesigns has the “laser” series of lights that send it even further. None of these are budget based. I cried once with no regrets.

I had a Lightforce (can't remember the model number) many years back. Man that think had easily 1/2 mile+ straight as a arrow long distance throw. Must get another

I had the Lightforce Blitz 240 HID spots, but one of the ballasts died, and they no longer make that model light or replacement ballast.

I tried looking around for any off brand ballasts since the reflectors were okay, but didn't have much luck. I'm kicking myself I didn't buy a replacement 12 months ago when it first started playing up, and Lightforce still had them in stock.

I ended up swapping them out and putting in Supanova Infinity 8.5 led spots, and really happy with them. I think you can get them shipped to the US as they are an Australian company. Definitely can light up the road further than my old eyes can see.

I'm more than happy with my Infinity 8s and have no regrets switching to LED. As I said, it lights up the road ahead way further than my eyes can see.
Although I probably wouldn't have swapped them if the ballast was still good, or if Lightforce still supported the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom