Who's Going To Buy This SLEEBLT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I disagree
The thing is, there's no way he's wrong. If you are interested in that 200 at that price, you are in the target market. If not, you're not. Captain Obvious is rarely wrong.

The thing is, there's no way he's wrong.
Really? No way? As in, no one has ever listed an overpriced vehicle that did not sell for their asking price?

If they find someone willing to pay that, good for them. Personally - I wouldn't pay that even if I had a $500 million payday tomorrow. But I also wouldn't buy the 12 person jet mentioned above, either.

Really? No way? As in, no one has ever listed an overpriced vehicle that did not sell for their asking price?

If they find someone willing to pay that, good for them. Personally - I wouldn't pay that even if I had a $500 million payday tomorrow. But I also wouldn't buy the 12 person jet mentioned above, either.
Correct. The vehicle is priced and marketed towards a buyer with a crazy amount of disposable income and arguably a lesser familiarity with 200 value structure. Trust me when I say I've seen real estate sell around here for prices that make this thing look like a value proposition, relative to its actual worth.

Peeps just have to understand that it's not marketed towards them. It's that other guy. That's how marketing and pricing work.

I did not say it would sell or not sell at asking price. My point was if the asking price alone is a problem for you, you are not the target market.

Personally - I wouldn't pay that even if I had a $500 million payday tomorrow.
Of course not, because you do not have or will receive $500M. But folks who do have significant disposable cash, think differently than those that do not. They do not see the price. They see the last new Land Cruiser. They see mods and can have it today. The price is just a number. No different than why I bought an LC and not a 4Runner. The price difference was just a number. I wanted the LC, and that number was not going to get in the way of me having my LC. Now an EarthRoamer? Yeah that price gets in the way, I am not the target market for an Earth Roamer.

Last edited:
This is all axiomatic. There's a butt for every seat, as they say. In this particular case, anybody who would pay that price for that truck is an ahole, disposable income level be damned.

I don't think the comparison with a jet is appropriate because jets cost what they cost. And even the wealthiest, rational, non-ahole people will not pay twice the value of any particular jet just to have done so.
Name calling is not helpful or acceptable,
If I can afford this and am willing to buy at this price…it is none of your business. As I said before, this has $80k in SLEE outfitting and that comes at a price. End of unnecessary argument!

I get all vague when people ask what I have in mine… it’s either “well, you get what you pay for…” or “that would be like me asking what your wife weighs, some thing’s are better left to one’s imagination”. Then we move on to some cool aspect of the vehicle and it’s This is all axiomatic. There's a butt for every seat, as they say. In this particular case, anybody who would pay that price for that truck is an ahole, disposable income level be damned.
I don't think the comparison with a jet is appropriate because jets cost what they cost. And even the wealthiest, rational, non-ahole people will not pay twice the value of any particular jet just to have done so.
Name calling is not helpful or acceptable,
If I can afford this and am willing to buy at this price…it is none of your business. As I said before, this has $80k in SLEE outfitting and that comes at a price. End of unnecessary argument!
I’m curious about the Slee suspension system. Everything Christo builds is impeccable.

Sorry, didn’t mean add additional member replies. It won’t let me delete and amend

I’m curious about the Slee suspension system. Everything Christo builds is impeccable.

Sorry, didn’t mean add additional member replies. It won’t let me delete and amend

Slee works with ADS (Arizona Desert Shocks – Go To spot for Performance and Reliable Shocks! - https://adsshocks.com/) for their suspension setup. Slee is quality. We should appreciate every customer who can afford and finds value in what Slee offers. Without great customers who understand this we wouldn't have secondary market outfitters like slee\dissent\tt\cruiser outfitters\etc. Christo knows how to run a custom business. He probably also knows those who are willing to pay the least will complain the most. That seems to be a universal truth these days.

Last edited:
This SLEEBLT 200 was picked up today in person. Congrats to the new owner! His 5th 200-series (undoubtedly his favorite)! I believe he has a few 60's in the stable too. It was a pleasure doing business. I am very proud this went to a well-loved home and will be used and abused appropriately.

No dog in this fight, but an endorsement of Eric and the business he has helped to build and lead at EMT. I have had the pleasure of doing business with him for the last few years and could not be more pleased with the results for our organizations and our mutual customers. We have hit some potholes along the way, as in any technologically rich developmental effort. Through it all, Eric and EMT have stepped up and done the right thing and allowed our firm (we sell long range fuel tanks) make things right when there were issues with our products. He and his team provide old school service.

As for price and value, I can only say that a given product or service is worth exactly what a given buyer is willing to pay on a given day. If you want what EMT has or Slee builds, pay the price.

As a retired guy without unlimited financial resources, I "get" that wants, needs and budget are inexorably linked, but when I buy a new Toyota, I will buy it from Ed Martin Toyota. Probably a new Sequoia..... unless Eric can convince Mr. Toyota to send over some 300s.

Similarly, another business friend has a 36,000 mile HDJ 80 on auction at Bring A Trailer. Current bid $42,000 and no reserve with two days to go. That rig is a one-owner LHD time machine from the Canary Islands. So what is a 24 valve diesel 80 Series worth - cloth seats, five speed trans, etc? No Reserve: 59k-Kilometer 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ80 VX Turbodiesel 5-Speed - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-177/

My point? Well, what is it worth and to whom? If I didn't have three clean rigs in the collection already, then that 80 would be worth a lot more than the current bid to me.

Similarly, if I wanted or needed a well built Slee 200 designed by Eric Sarjeant, from Ed Martin Toyota - without waiting to find and build a rig from scratch - I could see value in the offer. As of 44 minutes ago, someone agreed with me :)

Last edited:
A wise man once said:

"price is what you pay; value is what you get"

W.B.

No dog in this fight, but an endorsement of Eric and the business he has helped to build and lead at EMT. I have had the pleasure of doing business with him for the last few years and could not be more pleased with the results for our organizations and our mutual customers. We have hit some potholes along the way, as in any technologically rich developmental effort. Through it all, Eric and EMT have stepped up and done the right thing and allowed our firm (we sell long range fuel tanks) make things right when there were issues with our products. He and his team provide old school service.

As for price and value, I can only say that a given product or service is worth exactly what a given buyer is willing to pay on a given day. If you want what EMT has or Slee builds, pay the price.

As a retired guy without unlimited financial resources, I "get" that wants, needs and budget are inexorably linked, but when I buy a new Toyota, I will buy it from Ed Martin Toyota. Probably a new Sequoia..... unless Eric can convince Mr. Toyota to send over some 300s.

Similarly, another business friend has a 36,000 mile HDJ 80 on auction at Bring A Trailer. Current bid $42,000 and no reserve with two days to go. That rig is a one-owner LHD time machine from the Canary Islands. So what is a 24 valve diesel 80 Series worth - cloth seats, five speed trans, etc? No Reserve: 59k-Kilometer 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ80 VX Turbodiesel 5-Speed - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-177/

My point? Well, what is it worth and to whom? If I didn't have three clean rigs in the collection already, then that 80 would be worth a lot more than the current bid to me.

Similarly, if I wanted or needed a well built Slee 200 designed by Eric Sarjeant, from Ed Martin Toyota - without waiting to find and build a rig from scratch - I could see value in the offer. As of 44 minutes ago, someone agreed with me :)
Well said... and that hdj80 got 80k. Exactly what it was worth on the day it sold.

That truck is in Madison Mississippi. Every possible description y’all guessed he fits.

His current “super car” is a Mercedes something or another and that GT3 ….

Oh and the 40.

71AABE30-E59D-4B4D-BCBC-4A9710314C9D.jpeg

Doug moved to Mississippi?

This SLEEBLT 200 was picked up today in person. Congrats to the new owner! His 5th 200-series (undoubtedly his favorite)! I believe he has a few 60's in the stable too. It was a pleasure doing business. I am very proud this went to a well-loved home and will be used and abused appropriately.
Congrats to the new owner! It's no doubt a beautiful rig! It would be fun to see if he every finds anything to change, add or subtract.

Hopefully the new owner will be joining us here on Mud. Would be fun to see him around online and in person such as the LCDC.

Congrats to the new owner! It's no doubt a beautiful rig! It would be fun to see if he every finds anything to change, add or subtract.

Hopefully the new owner will be joining us here on Mud. Would be fun to see him around online and in person such as the LCDC.

Here it is in its new home with all its other friends

391D5898-B8C6-4F4B-947D-473298C2D7E4.jpeg

647A7A0F-097B-4E83-8A15-993F92B40272.jpeg

F1FF527F-BDD4-4316-862E-C8A8AC9643B9.jpeg

Lol here we all are talking s*** and someone just buys this thing. What a flex I hope he enjoys it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom