FJ62 Emissions Decal photo request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Correction: @88red sent me a copy of the 1990 Ca emissions sticker back in June. I just didn't have the exact dimensions of this sticker. Perhaps someone who has that sticker can post the length and width in mm? Thanks

@WoodnotRust yea my FJ62 was originally bought in CA and I brought her back out here about 8 years ago. So looking for the combo sticker. The photo in my profile is my HJ61 which I got about a year ago. She’s a work in progress, but looks the part! Haha

what's a combo sticker ?

i thought a 62 much like a 60 was considered a Multi Purpose Vehicle ?

some help maybe ?

1591816711757-png.2335778

1591816868534-png.2335784

Hi All...I don't have a 1992 version. The emission's sticker is mostly the same, but the vacuum hose information is very different. That makes me wonder if the 1990 vacuum hose information sticker for Cal cars is different? I don't think so, but if anyone can send me a picture of the 1990 Cal Vacuum Hose Info I can make sure it is done correctly.

Thanks...

Correction: @88red sent me a copy of the 1990 Ca emissions sticker back in June. I just didn't have the exact dimensions of this sticker. Perhaps someone who has that sticker can post the length and width in mm? Thanks
Did I ever get the pic and measurement specs to you? I have been off Mud for about a year... do you still need this?

sorry for being a nerd. Google search revealed there are barcode generator add ins for powerpoint. Or using a program like windows paint, you can easily change the background color from white to what ever (custom color?). select the current back ground as color 1, and the new background as color 2. Select the paint can, then right click somewhere on the background. It will change the color 1 (white) to what ever you use as color 2.

View attachment 2698755

Just to add to the photo doctoring nerd'ness...
That eye dropper icon, you can use to "sample" the off-white you used on your "aged" image, then replace the white on the barcode as described..
to color-match. Should be able to get pretty close, and can smudge or blend any splice line.

Good morning @FishNinJay ... I can still use the dimensions of the '90 CA emissions sticker.

Good tip about using the eye-dropper. I routinely use this and it works well assuming the picture colors are an accurate representation of the original. That's really dependent on lighting source. There is also the issue of yellowing over time and whether the goal is to attempt to show a perfect replica of the original (unfaded) sticker or something that looks like the sticker was a beautifully preserved original (only mildly faded). I've tried to make it look like the latter.

@majdomo

Which decal do you have ?

I wonder if the specifications are different Cal vs Fed ?

I don't have any books on 3F-E Emissions specs, Fed vs Calif. I wonder if Calif was stricter? Is there any difference between CA vs Fed smog equipment? If no, then it's just paper requirement.

I don't have any books on 3F-E Emissions specs, Fed vs Calif. I wonder if Calif was stricter? Is there any difference between CA vs Fed smog equipment? If no, then it's just paper requirement.
Only thing I know of that’s different is that there’s a sensor on the EGR for Kalif that’s missing on my Fed rig. The electrical plug is there in my harness, but no idea if it’d do anything if I added the sensor as unsure if there is a difference in ECU coding.

It's probably an EGR Exhaust Temp sensor (I'm guessing), and it probably wouldn't do anything if you added the sensor, as I looked in the parts book and there are different ECUs for Kalif / Fed so most likely have different programming for that Exhaust temp loop.

Will it make a difference if the Smog Tech is reminded it's a Fed-Spec vehicle? No idea.

Hi @majdomo and @Spike Strip

I'm not sure if you are trying to help me with my original request for a 1990 CA or FED emissions sticker photos (with dimensions in mm), or just curious about the actually emission control equipment differences between a CA and FED truck.

I still don't have good copies of either 1990 sticker so I could use examples for completeness. It's odd too that I haven't had requests from 1990 owners for a sticker set. Perhaps that's simply because I haven't created one or maybe 1990 owners all have nice stickers still...? I'm just about sold out of the 1988 and 1989 sticker sets.

R

Sorry for muddying up your thread (pun intended), but the bump can't hurt ;) I was directed here when I was looking for differences (if any), in 3F-E emissions specs. I don't have a copy of the sticker, but I see repops on LINK

Do you happen of offer something like this set for 2F (FJ60) ?

I don't recall if I ever saw you list is or not. 😁

Thanks

1688849321739.png

Hi Spike. No, I don't have sets for the pre 1988 60-series.

I'm not really a sticker salesman, but enjoy doing detail work like this to wind down after a hard day. It all started when I noticed that I didn't have the original glove box decals. Later I had Kelly Saad paint my truck and I wanted to finish it off with some nice touches. Once I made all the stickers for my 1988, the 1989's and 1990's were pretty easy. I'm not sure how many of these are the same as the 60-series and also how much those vary from year-to-year and state-to-state.

I was born in California so I know those are always different...

The FJ40/FJ60 (2F 80-87) would obviously have a different 'Vehicle Emission Control Information' Decal and different hose routing decal and different part #s on the small round red/white stickers, but the rest would be the same. 80-87 All EPA, no Calif specific stickers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom