Todays wrenching (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine whines bad, replaced pump gear and no change. I'm afraid to look at the engine gear and see something like that. What do you have to do to replace that gear in the engine?

Mine whines bad, replaced pump gear and no change. I'm afraid to look at the engine gear and see something like that. What do you have to do to replace that gear in the engine?
Mine was knocking sound. Looks like ill have to drop the oil pan and remove front timing cover. Will try without removing the head .
The damaged gearsr about $30 each. And then theres the damaged PS gear which is $160

ISO weld/fab person in eastern Mass. I friend of a friend cracked the radius arm mount on the axle housing on her 80. TIA

Old motor out

1649636453923-png.521081

Getting closer!

1649636518383-png.521082

Its super handy. lol. The only bummer is my low garage celing height, so we have to prep the motor for removal, roll the truck out, pull motor, then roll truck back in.

Repeat for install of new motor. haha.

Hung out with @hwi1s0n while we fixed a floppy mirror on his 80.

I also got some more time on my 40. Most of the welding on the patch panels is done, and I'm working on cleaning up the last few body pieces before moving to body work and prep for paint.

Check out the depth of the bondo on the windshield frame! PO was clearly a big fan of the stuff. Also explains why the top and top cap weren't bolted to the windshield frame...found those bolts holes hiding under the bondo.

IMG_6706 Large.jpeg

IMG_6707 Large.jpeg

IMG_6708 Large.jpeg

Wow! Yup, he/she must have loved that stuff. GLW progress. Years ago I recall some on some webform asking "what sort of diagnostic tools should bring when looking at used truck for sale" and I remember someone post up saying "small magnets to check for Bondo", its now something I do on every used vehicle purchase

First full tank of propane through my buddys 4runner, and its running awesome

1660913081532.png

Got the 3.4 in the garage and will start prepping it to go into my truck.. its a 220k mile motor out of a mud truck, so it needs a little elbo grease.

Whats everyone else working on this weekend?

Nice!! Glad to see the runner is up and working as it should. Get your crap back together so we can go wheeling!! I am prepping my 4.7 for the swap this winter. Ordered my Atlas 4 speed back in july should have it by December!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom