What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Loading... DIY rock sliders...
IMG_20220817_192759.jpg
IMG_20220817_192750.jpg
IMG_20220817_193851.jpg

Ah, ok, didn't know that. I would like having the longer range, kinda annoyed that Toyota didn't offer their 2nd tank as an option for us here in the US. I also would've loved to have had the turbo diesel motor....
Would have been far too high of a design & approval process for just a few customers. Gas venting system would need redesigning; while the jury rigged systems mainly work, they do not meet the letter of the law and the vehicle would have needed additional crash testing to approval the location. so only a few million development cost for maybe a thousand customers.

It takes 20 minutes for the pump to transfer the fuel? Seriously? That's much, much longer than I ever would've thought.
Yeah, that’s much longer then mine. I have the 12.5 and it takes about 10mins. I’ll time it next time but definitely not 20mins

To be completely honest, I surprised myself. We hit the gas station close to our planned campsite in Ozark, AR at 4pm and decided to skip camp and see how far we could get. The kiddos fell asleep around 730, the 40 gallon LRA provided the range, and some coast to coast AM highlight clips podcast (my wife had never heard of this show) all combined to make one heck of a memorable drive.
Coast to Coast is the ultimate for road trips. Been listening for over 20 years now.

I had Cruiser Outfitters order and install a 12.5G LRA tank for my 2020 HE. They installed it yesterday and I made the 500 mile drive back to Flagstaff today. The pump is very quiet from inside the car and it took less than 20 minutes to transfer 10+ gallons. Quite happy with the installation and auxiliary tank. Ollie there does all of the LRA installs and thoroughly explained the installation and how best to operate it.

They provided an upgraded Precision fuel pump, upgraded hoses and clamps as part of the install package. I knew the 285x65x 18 spare would hang lower then the original setup, I measured 11" at rear and 8" inbound from my level concrete slab. It is no longer on the centerline of the bumper. That's because of the muffler it appears. Benefits outweigh the lower off center spare tire. I'm probably the only one who will ever notice those conditions

View attachment 3088947

View attachment 3088948

View attachment 3088949

View attachment 3088950

View attachment 3088951

View attachment 3088952
I am not sure that the spare is centered without the 12.5 Aux tank.

Is there an automatic shut off that prevents inadvertently over filling the main tank? I could see me forgetting the pump was on.
Yes, it stops when tank is empty. From what I unders
I am not sure that the spare is centered without the 12.5 Aux ta

I am not sure that the spare is centered without the 12.5 Aux tank.
You're correct. I was mistaken. I guess I never paid that much attention until they installed the tank. Thanks for the clarification.

View attachment 3084998

We spent the night with the big boys… we earned enough road cred after clocking 1020 miles in one day, Clayton, NM to Hamilton, AL. If only we could get gas pumps that don’t have purchase limits of $100-$175.
We never stop on trips. We've been to Phoenix Az 3 times and it's almost 1600 miles and Missoula Mt a hand full of times which is almost 1500 miles from our house. Always drive straight through.

We never stop on trips. We've been to Phoenix Az 3 times and it's almost 1600 miles and Missoula Mt a hand full of times which is almost 1500 miles from our house. Always drive straight through.
1,600mi.? The most I’ve done is 1,200 almost on the dot from Seattle to Parker, Co driving a big uhaul truck and it was absolutely miserable the last 400mi. I could never imagine 1600mi. even in a Navigator unless someone took over to allow me to sleep but I could not sleep even if my wife is driving. 😂

Last edited:
One side is done. Next step is sandblasting and painting. Brackets are 60x10 mm , square tube is 50x50x4 mm and tube is 48.3 x 3 mm thickness
View attachment 3090238

What about a smoother transition to the bumpout? I can imagine you getting hung up at that spot if you use the slider to pivot around rocks.

I have made a good start in the install of the Dissent rear bumper on my 200. I still need to make the final cut on the plastic, install the swing outs and finish up the wiring for the light and the relocation on the camera.

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1427 2.jpeg

IMG_1428 2.jpeg

1,600mi.? The most I’ve done is 1,200 almost on the dot from Seattle to Parker, Co driving a big uhaul truck and it was absolutely miserable the last 400mi. I could never imagine 1600mi. even in a Navigator unless someone took over to allow me to sleep but I could not sleep even if my wife is driving. 😂
When I was 20 so 24 years ago, I drove a uhaul from marengo iowa to morro Bay California straight through. Which is over 1900 miles. The older I get the harder it is to do. But even now when I think about a 1000 mile trip, I feel like I could do that standing on my head.

When I was 20 so 24 years ago, I drove a uhaul from marengo iowa to morro Bay California straight through. Which is over 1900 miles. The older I get the harder it is to do. But even now when I think about a 1000 mile trip, I feel like I could do that standing on my head.
I think you were just excited to get to the beach from the Iowa corn fields. 😜

Last edited:
Got a two-step paint correction and ceramic coating done. Couldn't believe how well it polished up.

View attachment 3091193

View attachment 3091194

View attachment 3091195

View attachment 3091196
Nice! I did the same after LCDC. What have you done to your 200 Series this week? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/what-have-you-done-to-your-200-series-this-week.818471/post-14551403

I was/still am amazed how good it turned out. They got pin strips out that were years old that I couldn’t. We’ll see how ceramic vs. trees goes here in a few weeks. I’m setting my expectations low as far as reducing pin strips but maybe they will buff out easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom