Wescott Designs or Prinsu Rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve got a Prinsu on my 200Lx and have really enjoyed it. I’ve got an ONX6 Baja Designs bar across and there is zero wind noise at speed. I’ve driven cross country with it twice.

7DBE9B11-4BB4-4221-A427-F9204CC923C3.jpeg

D9733206-4D00-4EA3-A81A-75C64996CC1D.jpeg

I had a Prinsu rack with rigid light bar and it was a fantastic rack. I used primarily for sup boards and Home Depot runs. It was quiet with sunshade closed and with sunshade open you could hear wind noise on the highway otherwise I would buy another. The only other rack I would consider is Dissent but it’s pretty pricey and not sure if it’s worth the extra expense for my needs.

I went with the LFD Ruggedized crossbars. Allowed me to keep factory rails, but still add additional bars and versatility so I can bolt things on like other racks mentioned. My Thule Cargo box fits well too and didn't need a bunch of adaptors. No additional wind noise and I like the look - not flashy, but a little sporty with the front fairing. Also, doesn't interfere with your moonroof and you still have full functionality. Lastly, it's a much cheaper option and the guys were nice to work with.

I went with the LFD Ruggedized crossbars. Allowed me to keep factory rails, but still add additional bars and versatility so I can bolt things on like other racks mentioned. My Thule Cargo box fits well too and didn't need a bunch of adaptors. No additional wind noise and I like the look - not flashy, but a little sporty with the front fairing. Also, doesn't interfere with your moonroof and you still have full functionality. Lastly, it's a much cheaper option and the guys were nice to work with.
Thanks for the feedback. I have looked at these, but I have a hard time understanding the value over the OEM rack. Is it just the ease of attaching items?

Thanks for the feedback. I have looked at these, but I have a hard time understanding the value over the OEM rack. Is it just the ease of attaching items?
Well, you get an additional bar and wind fairing so I think it looks cooler/sportier than the OEM. And you have slots down each of the bars for T nuts to attach items like an awning or maxtrax or whatever. For example, Front Runner accessories fit these. So for me, it creates a nice look and makes it easy for attachments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom