Builds Silver Bullet - BJ74 Tough Offroad all rounder buildup (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bit of a update, blew up my H55F, over the last few weeks I rebuilt my case with internals from a 60 series box, had a shifter cover problem after I installed it, pulled back out and new shift housing and its in a running. Today I am ordering CS007F springs for the front as my current leaves broke the main leaf. Was planning to get new ones made but it is cost prohibitive.

how many miles on the H55f ? Cause for explosion?

100,000km since last rebuild, bearings where fine, I think more abuse than anything. Because my turbo works well I drive around alot in offroad from 1000-3500rpm in low 3rd, clutch kicks in low 3rd all contributed to breaking 3rd gear teeth off the cluster shaft. I also found the spring on 5th gear was about to fail too.

100,000km since last rebuild, bearings where fine, I think more abuse than anything. Because my turbo works well I drive around alot in offroad from 1000-3500rpm in low 3rd, clutch kicks in low 3rd all contributed to breaking 3rd gear teeth off the cluster shaft. I also found the spring on 5th gear was about to fail too.
I’ve never pushed my 13bt past 3100rpms lol. I plan on turning fuel and boost up more but not sure how much abuse I’ll put to it since it was just rebuilt.

Quick update, no pics, but CS007F springs are in, to get the height I wanted I added a leaf with extra curve on each side, drivers side I might tweak a little more as it is 10mm lower than passenger size. As I have put the car on a diet (was 3200kg) I have also tweaked the rear springs, removing the load leaf and 4th leaf.

Quick update, no pics, but CS007F springs are in, to get the height I wanted I added a leaf with extra curve on each side, drivers side I might tweak a little more as it is 10mm lower than passenger size. As I have put the car on a diet (was 3200kg) I have also tweaked the rear springs, removing the load leaf and 4th leaf.

you know we like pictures. :cool: :beer:

Few random pics, leaving on a trip today.

IMG_20191117_111243.jpg

IMG_20200111_181800.jpg

IMG_20200118_005736.jpg

IMG_20200207_213528.jpg

Changes are I have sold of the Mud Grapplers (35''s) and beadlocks and moving to 285 75 17 Trailer Grapplers (34''s) on plain steel wheels. Main reason is I want to use the car more and the police around here are cracking down on beadlocks (Not DOT approved) and oversized tyres. 34''s and plain wheels will keep it legal and hassle free. Having a decent winch now I dont think there will be much change in capability to worry about.

sweet🤘

New wheels and tyres on 17x8 -22 wheels with 305/70R17 Maxxis Razr MT (34''). Next step is I would like to lower the front a rear ride height a little, I just need the motivation as the U bolt threads are a bit munched up.

1685019320577.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom