Where is the tach “sending unit” located ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just in the research phase, investigating, putting a tachometer on the 2F in my FJ40

Not sure what serves as the sending unit on a 2F for the 60’s tach, but where is it located ?

The 2F in my FJ55 has a green plug coming off of the coil, i use that for my tach

20220816_193154.jpg

So, I have the chance to grab a tach out of a 60’s dash cluster, while the owner holds his mastiff/Dane mix that keeps watch over the yard !

Spend most my time on the 40 & 80 forums. What tools should I bring & and any good threads on locating the screws to remove the dash instrument cluster ?

So, I have the chance to grab a tach out of a 60’s dash cluster, while the owner holds his mastiff/Dane mix that keeps watch over the yard !

Spend most my time on the 40 & 80 forums. What tools should I bring & and any good threads on locating the screws to remove the dash instrument cluster ?
You will want to pull the steering wheel. You will mostly need a philips screw driver but bring a slotted one just in case someone got creative. Bring a ratchet and socket set. I can’t remember the size of the nut on the steering wheel. Bit once the wheel is off the instrument cluster should come out with the dash in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom