78’ FJ55 brake bleeding issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Understood and thank you again @B y r o n.

On the 78’ 55 the farthest wheel away from the brake master is the driver side rear. Then passenger side rear then driver side front then driver side front. As it appears to me following the brake lines. Can someone confirm that I’m looking at the lines correctly?
Confirmed.

That’s the gold standard @B y r o n . I’ve read that bad boy 20 times trying to figure out where I’m going wrong. I’ve bled 40’s, 60’s, 45’s before with ZERO issue. Full brake jobs on all of those as well.

Something is going on here that is definitely outside of the norm.

My next go round is gonna be loosen and tighten every connection, re-bleed master, re bleed each wheel then cross fingers.

One bit of knowledge I have not mentioned is that I added SOR’s braided brake lines. Anyone think that might be the issue? I’ve had the truck on my buddies lift for a week, zero leaks. This one is a head scratcher. Has anyone ever had a leak/crack in a line that was letting air in but not dripping?

Did you ever find a way to get your brakes fixed? I have a 1972 55 and I replaced all the same parts you did, and I’m having the same problem.

@Jblodgett i did in fact get this sorted. I let Marge sit for 4 months then bled everything again.

Started with bench bleeding the master in place. Found air in that system. Then started with driver rear, passenger rear, passenger front and finished with drivers front.

Pedal was rock solid after that. Couple theories I have.

1. Should have focused on bench bleeding the master more thoroughly.
2. Letting it sit for that long allowed whatever air bubble was trapped in the system to work its way up to the master and this was easily bleedable when I went after it again.

This was a frustrating head scratcher for sure. Glad life got in the way of working on the cruiser so it was able to work itself out.

@Jblodgett i did in fact get this sorted. I let Marge sit for 4 months then bled everything again.

Started with bench bleeding the master in place. Found air in that system. Then started with driver rear, passenger rear, passenger front and finished with drivers front.

Pedal was rock solid after that. Couple theories I have.

1. Should have focused on bench bleeding the master more thoroughly.
2. Letting it sit for that long allowed whatever air bubble was trapped in the system to work its way up to the master and this was easily bleedable when I went after it again.

This was a frustrating head scratcher for sure. Glad life got in the way of working on the cruiser so it was able to work itself out.
Thank you a ton for your reply. I will try bench bleeding the master. Hopefully that is all it needs. Ive been so frustrated trying to get this to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom