What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 3083456

Drove into an open construction site after hours, someone left the gate open! I was respectful and didn’t whip any dirt donuts, as much as I wanted to! Haha
Do those wind deflectors work? It's not super common I need to have AC on and even then I usually have a window down. I discovered my GX has much more cabin wind in that situation than my 3rd gen T4R and this can be a bit of a issue.
1660179991343.png

@tmaranda Yes, I added an interior release cable to open the back door. Search on YouTube and there's videos on how to do this. I didn't video what I did, but I just kinda figured out how to make it my own. Search for GX470 Interior Rear Door Latch or something like that.

What to do:
1. Remove the barn door plastic panel and drill a small hole in the metal door latch at the bottrom of the barn door
2. Drill a hole at the top of the plastic barn door panel.
3. Use a 1/16" wire and crimps to make loops at both ends of the wire
4. Key lanyard
5. Two rubber gaskets or washers to prevent the lanyard from clanking on the plastic

Anyways, search youtube.

B5F86E7A-566A-48B3-91EC-2535701FA234.jpeg

Last edited:
Do those wind deflectors work? It's not super common I need to have AC on and even then I usually have a window down. I discovered my GX has much more cabin wind in that situation than my 3rd gen T4R and this can be a bit of a issue.
View attachment 3083539
Righteous beard brother, mine is maybe half that, hah! Deflectors work a little bit but are not life changing- it’s just a blustery vehicle I think. I’ve noticed the same thing about mine.

Even Scotty K likes the GX470…gonna wash mine today!

Even Scotty K likes the GX470…gonna wash mine today!

lol I saw this and was like it’s gonna be a GX. Was pumped when it actually was.

Got some cheap fogs added to the corners of the bumper and finally got my Open Road 10k winch installed.
Need to trim the bumper studs to be able to get my d rings on but I’m happy as can be to finally have everything installed.
Only other mods on the to do list are trimming the rear bumper, install the panhard bar correction bracket and install stainless brake lines…oh and blacking out the grille lol.

5A97EB24-6EBE-4C6D-89B9-652AB6A4A820.jpeg

587AD531-80DB-41E6-8AB4-1E126A64F239.jpeg

3302A930-A0AB-448A-A611-7028074E5C5E.jpeg

lol I saw this and was like it’s gonna be a GX. Was pumped when it actually was.

Got some cheap fogs added to the corners of the bumper and finally got my Open Road 10k winch installed.
Need to trim the bumper studs to be able to get my d rings on but I’m happy as can be to finally have everything installed.
Only other mods on the to do list are trimming the rear bumper, install the panhard bar correction bracket and install stainless brake lines…oh and blacking out the grille lol.

View attachment 3087013

View attachment 3087014

View attachment 3087015
What bumper is this? Looks amazing!

What bumper is this? Looks amazing!
It’s Lil’ Bs hybrid bumper. Great quality and they have excellent customer service.

Oooh boy, fun updates. This truck is starting to come together!

First, I need to give a huge shout out to Kyle at Treaty Oak Off-road. I sent an email asking about the specs for the bolts in the KDSS spacer kit. Mine started to rust pretty badly. Wanted to snag new hardware ahead of some suspension work. Kyle replied by shipping me a new set of hardware that day! Can’t beat that kind of service - absolutely above and beyond what I could have asked for. Thank you, Kyle!

Did a new serpentine belt during my lunch break and…

Got the LenzDesign snorkel installed. I’m torn on this product. I am very happy with the end result, but I’m really unhappy with the quality of the tube that connects the snorkel to the air box as well as the template provided. This one is on me, though, because these issues were called out all over the forum. I took a gamble because I love how this snorkel looks, but the install was a massive pain in the ass, and I have some gnarly holes (all covered by the snorkel) due to the template being imperfect.
9863B835-A84D-4F87-AD64-E1F86D26F64A.jpeg
28824099-3D4D-4D1E-B86C-CE1854E9F4A8.jpeg

Lastly, started working with a shop recommended by @GXO for an exhaust overhaul. Going with the Doug Thorley short tube headers, new oem cats, Doug Thorley Y-pipe, and then the Magnaflow catback (unless the shop recommends something else after some research). This one will be a ways out since the shop is moving and won’t be doing new work until end of October. So…just in time for a birthday present to myself, lol.

So stoked to see this build really come together. Would not have happened without all the help from folks on this forum. Never turned a wrench prior to owning this truck, and all the info y’all share has helped me feel comfortable working on this on my own.

Pulled my running board trim and installed Blue Dog Designwerks caps:
11C6947E-72E0-4895-B3FE-1380ECF46263.jpeg

Also fitted up my new Scangauage/Auxbeam Ash Tray mount:
4EF61A11-9C19-42FB-A327-9674F4E2E64B_1_105_c.jpeg

Oooh boy, fun updates. This truck is starting to come together!

First, I need to give a huge shout out to Kyle at Treaty Oak Off-road. I sent an email asking about the specs for the bolts in the KDSS spacer kit. Mine started to rust pretty badly. Wanted to snag new hardware ahead of some suspension work. Kyle replied by shipping me a new set of hardware that day! Can’t beat that kind of service - absolutely above and beyond what I could have asked for. Thank you, Kyle!

Did a new serpentine belt during my lunch break and…

Got the LenzDesign snorkel installed. I’m torn on this product. I am very happy with the end result, but I’m really unhappy with the quality of the tube that connects the snorkel to the air box as well as the template provided. This one is on me, though, because these issues were called out all over the forum. I took a gamble because I love how this snorkel looks, but the install was a massive pain in the ass, and I have some gnarly holes (all covered by the snorkel) due to the template being imperfect.

Lastly, started working with a shop recommended by @GXO for an exhaust overhaul. Going with the Doug Thorley short tube headers, new oem cats, Doug Thorley Y-pipe, and then the Magnaflow catback (unless the shop recommends something else after some research). This one will be a ways out since the shop is moving and won’t be doing new work until end of October. So…just in time for a birthday present to myself, lol.

So stoked to see this build really come together. Would not have happened without all the help from folks on this forum. Never turned a wrench prior to owning this truck, and all the info y’all share has helped me feel comfortable working on this on my own.
at least that shop answers you lol

lol, I called them on Friday, and when I mentioned that another GX owner recommended them, he was like “oh s***, I need to call Dan”
he still hasn't. I am going to tease him

Yesterday was "slider sunday" — got the new (to me) RRW sliders mounted up:
A13C22C4-AD13-4B83-883E-9D377213BB0B_1_102_o.jpeg

IMG_7578.JPG

Retrofit some LED pods into the fog lights last weekend. I cut up the stock adjuster housing and mounted the pod to it to retain the aiming adjustability. The fogs are wired into the stock housing cap as well so it plugs into the stock harness and operates just like factory. I'm happy with it for a $35 pair of amazon lights.
IMG_5386.JPG
IMG_5387.JPG
IMG_5392.JPG
IMG_5403.JPG

Retrofit some LED pods into the fog lights last weekend. I cut up the stock adjuster housing and mounted the pod to it to retain the aiming adjustability. The fogs are wired into the stock housing cap as well so it plugs into the stock harness and operates just like factory. I'm happy with it for a $35 pair of amazon lights. View attachment 3101941View attachment 3101942View attachment 3101943View attachment 3101944
I just installed these same lights in my bumper. Very decent quality for the Monday.

I just installed these same lights in my bumper. Very decent quality for the Monday.
I have the same lights installed as ditch lights and another pair waiting to be installed as chase lights. May do one more as forward-facing in white next to the ditch lights as well. Then fogs. (Never ends.)

I have the same lights installed as ditch lights and another pair waiting to be installed as chase lights. May do one more as forward-facing in white next to the ditch lights as well. Then fogs. (Never ends.)
For $35 it has got me thinking of other places I could use them too haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom