FJ55 TWO THINGS: Hood Release In Cab Handle and Blinkers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1974 FJ55

HOOD RELEASE: Can someone send me an image, part number if you have it, of the hood release handle from inside an FJ55? Mine doesn’t have one in my temporary fix is not reliable. Also if you have one you’re trying to get rid of I would be very keen in purchasing it

BLINKERS: Do FJ55s have blinker relays? My right blinkers will only stay solid, and my left blinker will work as long as my low beam headlights are on. If the highbeam headlights are on the left blinker will stay solid.

thanks in advance.
s

@mike just-posted a pic of the cable with handle in a classified ad last week.

I might have one too.😉

Last edited:
1974 FJ55

HOOD RELEASE: Can someone send me an image, part number if you have it, of the hood release handle from inside an FJ55? Mine doesn’t have one in my temporary fix is not reliable. Also if you have one you’re trying to get rid of I would be very keen in purchasing it

BLINKERS: Do FJ55s have blinker relays? My right blinkers will only stay solid, and my left blinker will work as long as my low beam headlights are on. If the highbeam headlights are on the left blinker will stay solid.

thanks in advance.
s
Images hood release handle inside a '74 FJ55.
55s have blinker relays, different from 40s. You probably have a grounding issue in your turn signals...very common but an easy fix.

20220814_110414.jpg

20220814_110439.jpg

Thanks for the images and the advice….I guess I need to check the grounding on the blinkers. Not to just figure out how to do that….

Sometimes, just cleaning up existing hardware solves grounding issues. Some people add a separate ground wire to the housings.

Thanks for the images and the advice….I guess I need to check the grounding on the blinkers. Not to just figure out how to do that….

this may be a steering column mounted turn signal combination switch issue ?

if it is PM me please , i have NOS ones available

doubt its a relay ,

can be a HAZZARD pull switch issue also ,

i have them restored if yours is burned up as ALL hazard and turn signal current passes through it like a FLUX Capacitor ..

matt

@esbuff1978 , there's a used hood release and cable for sale in the classifieds right now if you're interested.
Post #34

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom