FJ62 Fuel Injector Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChaserFJ60

Owner of CruiserHead.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiserhead.com
I'm chasing a gremlin and decided to have the OEM injectors rebuilt. for $150 a piece to replace the fuel injectors a rebuild seemed like the obvious way to go.
I found a guy online who goes by Mr Injector. He specializes in cleaning GASOLINE fuel injectors. ~$18.00 to clean each fuel injector.
His website is here, You mail in your injectors and he does the rest.
Mr Injector - https://www.mrinjector.us/

So far Im really pleased with the turnout. He does a before and after flow test, Leak test, changes the internal micro filters and all new rubber seals. He even polishes the metal on the injector to give them a nice like new look. He then uses an ultra sonic cleaner specifically made to clean fuel injectors to really get that 35+ year old crud out.
One issue I had was the new injectors Intake seal had an incredibly tight fit into the insulator boot that made it pretty difficult to reinstall but I did get it to work in the end.
One think which I GREATLY appreciated is that he sends each injector sealed in individual baggies, I dont have the cleanest environment to work in so the baggies were huge in keeping the dirt out until I could install each injector

Before I had the injectors cleaned my idle was pretty inconsistent, after the cleaning my idle is rock solid for the first time. I didn't notice any change in throttle response and haven't driven long enough to see any change in MPG.

I highly recommend this guy for fuel injector servicing, I sent them in on a Saturday and got them back in about 9 days so its a decent turnaround time.

Here's the end results, My before and after flow report, all injectors are within spec!
mrinjector.jpg
injectors.jpg

Interesting thank you. He checks the spray pattern etc. as well? or is this one step down from a professional cleaning and tuning?
And what else do you need when maintaining them? new grommets? or just the cleaning you mentioned.

**just looked at his website and found the answers to above.

Last edited:
Just curious @ChaserFJ60 , what Gremlin are you chasing?
Well, I have a "2FE", its the 4.0L 3FE head on the 4.2L 2F block. The machine shop that machined my engine shaved down way too much of the surface on both the head and block of my engine causing me to have a much much higher compression than normal. Because of this higher compression I get a clacking/rattling/pinging noise whenever my truck is at operating temperature and under load.

Ive been chasing ways to get rid of this knocking for about a year now. Its typically not a huge issue as I mostly commute in town and the engine doesn't reach full operating temp to cause the clacking but it does restrict me from road trips. I have the timing set back to which does help the knocking but dosent stop it. When I first did my 2FE swap I skipped alot of important details and steps which I am now paying for greatly.

Recently when I changed the spark plugs I noticed that cylinders #3 and #4 were darker than the others, this led me to believe that I had a leaky or uneven flowing fuel injectors which may be causing my knocking at temp or contributing to it, so I figured it would be a good idea to just have the fuel injectors serviced fully as it could only help my engine and I'm really glad I did. I didn't know a 60 series could idle so smoothly, after the fuel injectors were cleaned my idle stays dead on 750rpm at idle, I have to rev the engine to make sure my tachometer isn't frozen, If you have any fluctuation in your idle I 118% recommend this shop Mr Injector - https://www.mrinjector.us/

One of the things I did yesterday to stop the pinging/knocking/clacking was relocate my O2 Sensors to the correct locations. Before when I did my 2FE Conversion I installed both O2 sensors in series with each other about 5ft from the exhaust pipe which is wrong as wrong could be. Now O2 Sensor 1 is only reading cylinders 1-3 and O2 sensor 2 is reading cylinders 4-6. Relocating my O2 sensors almost completely eliminated my knocking, It was after a 45min drive I could still faintly hear the noise but its almost completely gone! I did test the O2 sensors before re installation and they're both out of spec reading about 3.4 Ohms when the FSM calls for 5.1-6.3Ohms. I have new Denso O2 sensors coming in the mail now and hopefully that will completely fix my issue.

Very interesting thank you.
I have some of that clacking / knocking on my 62 and definitely an idle with an un-rhythmic slight stumble / arrhythmia. Only at idle and it doesn't effect performance but it bothers me. I'm sure the clacking is just needing a valve adjustment, since its been many years. Its just running so well right now apart from the idle arrhythmia.
I'm gonna sent my injectors to mr. injector, see if that helps.
Interesting about the O2 sensors. Does running higher octane make a big difference since your compression is higher?

Very interesting thank you.
I have some of that clacking / knocking on my 62 and definitely an idle with an un-rhythmic slight stumble / arrhythmia. Only at idle and it doesn't effect performance but it bothers me. I'm sure the clacking is just needing a valve adjustment, since its been many years. Its just running so well right now apart from the idle arrhythmia.
I'm gonna sent my injectors to mr. injector, see if that helps.
Interesting about the O2 sensors. Does running higher octane make a big difference since your compression is higher?
I tried higher octane but noticed no improvement, Im starting to think that it might not be only a compression issue but also an improperly assembled engine issue. Some clacking is normal, My fuel injectors are loud and I can hear them at acceleration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom