What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (102 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

P1022023.jpg

Drove it. :steer: Got to spend a couple days in the woods for work.

There in the state of Texas do you have any type of emissions testing, visual inspection?
Not after the vehicle is over 25 years old. They haven't checked mine the last two times.

Not after the vehicle is over 25 years old. They haven't checked mine the last two times.
Yup, $17 and about 5 minutes of your time once a year

Went to an auction with an empty Cruiser and now I'm ready for weekend of adventure 90's styleView attachment 3085306
The Nishiki Cascade is a 1986 model. Nice find! It's kind of a collectors item, and from the looks of it, yours is 100% complete and original, right down to the plastic brake levers that snap off when you drop the bike. Be careful!

Well done, nicely shot! I was just explaining to my 17 yo daughter the other day how little more than a decade ago, cinematic footage like that involved renting a helicopter, pilot, and highend video camera for thousands/day. Now with a couple hundred bucks and some practice you can get amazing results.

Thanks, flying the drone is lots of fun. But I still got a lot to learn. I think I need a better PC, better video editing software, and most importantly access to better music that I can legally use lol

Thanks, flying the drone is lots of fun. But I still got a lot to learn. I think I need a better PC, better video editing software, and most importantly access to better music that I can legally use lol
There's a lot of music you can use as long as you put their credits in the description. You just have to give them the copyright credit. Flying a drone takes practice....practice shooting and developing the muscle memory on the controls. Nicely done tho.

There's a lot of music you can use as long as you put their credits in the description. You just have to give them the copyright credit. Flying a drone takes practice....practice shooting and developing the muscle memory on the controls. Nicely done tho.

That's awesome, I had no idea. I will for sure look into that.

The wife and I spent a few days wandering between Lake City, Silverton, Ouray and Telluride, over the passes. Some trail riding, shopping and brewery "tours", everybody was happy. Nothing difficult, Engineer, Yankee Boy Basin, Imogene, Ophir and Cinnamon. I pointed out Black Bear from Imogene and the boss said, "Hell no". After spending 4 days riding trails and 20ish hours on the highway, I've been told to replace the seats. Got to love it when the wife tells you to go spend money on your Cruiser.

20220807_101951.jpg

20220809_133035.jpg

20220809_201428.jpg

20220810_133923.jpg

20220810_134054.jpg

Installed @LandCruiserPhil's heavy duty rear swaybar brackets. . . Only took me about a year to get around to it.
20220813_115837_HDR.jpg
20220813_121412.jpg

I installed my new Big Country drawers from @RuggedBound, Theo was great to work with. Some of the best packaging I have ever seen. The drawers are awesome and a huge upgrade from my old wooden ones. Only disappointment is that I need to trim one of the side wings about an inch. It was much wider than the other side. Overall great product so far.

83A7038C-C652-4C8D-B9F8-08601CB2FBD4.jpeg

11BEB9EF-BFC0-42FC-917F-89DD37F14B12.jpeg

Swapped the reservoir bracket that came with the kit with a kit from Slee. 2 mounting points instead of one. Beefier. Moves the resi inboard and out of the way. Worst part was the $20 shipping! 😭
Dobinsons bracket
B5D90155-3B5F-4EAD-8A15-8DF7F84538AA.jpeg

Slee bracket
A583D5EF-6F32-4293-A619-296CC7CC4218.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom