Builds Just had to treat myself for Halloween... 65 SWB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Start up again tomorrow morning.

1- need to source passenger side shock tower (fingers crossed Rob has one in the stash).

2- Finalize steering box location and mount.

3-install shock mount

4- move radiator over and re-install

5- mount redline column shift bracket.

6-Cut and weld steering shaft/etc.

7- Mount power steering pump

8-make hoses

9-new tre’s and drag links.

Lots to do so hoping to get it to manually steerable by the end of day tomorrow.

Will finalize power setup a few days later if we need to!

To be clear I sat in a chair and ate pastries in the morning, pizza in the afternoon and was a tool chaser and cheerleader. Then slept for a portion of the afternoon.

The only reason I’d move to CA is so I could get help like that. Heck, we’ve had an influx of CA’s the last few years, when are they moving here? I have a couple of things they could help on.

Dom, excited to see the results…

So things began nicely this morning. The small hurdles we kept hitting yesterday seemed to melt away.

Radiator repositioning turned out to be pretty straightforward with a very small 1/2” adjustment which should alllow good clearance from the steering box and not affect the shroud/fan position. Win!

RedLine column shift mount painted and ready to be installed.

Confirmed good placement of steering box

Initiated some fitment for the steering shaft.

Got my Millermatic cleaned up and loaded with new wire, new tip, etc.

Unfortunately that’s when things turned to an all stop for the day.

During a little final fab work on the radiator support a drill bit caught and an injury insued. Not the guy sitting on his ass watching (me) the guy doing all the heavy lifting!

So we’re at a pause for a bit but will be back at it in the future when the time is right.

In the meantime I can’t thank the cruiser community enough for helping me get closer to being able to drive the cruisers I love!

It was a much needed outing for me, it was great to see you Dom, it has been far too long! Hanging out with Rob is always an adventure and great fun, and I got to meet 2 cruiserheads I’ve only talked to on mud. The cruiser community is filled with truly amazing people!

But the best part of the day was seeing your daughter wearing the Forker helmet!

Thanks for coming down. It was quite a surprise and long overdue!

I’m finding that the visits from friends really does help with the healing.

And we will soon be cruising in the 40’s as you suggested.

I just need to stay the course and go day by day.

Patience is the key

It was a much needed outing for me, it was great to see you Dom, it has been far too long! Hanging out with Rob is always an adventure and great fun, and I got to meet 2 cruiserheads I’ve only talked to on mud. The cruiser community is filled with truly amazing people!

But the best part of the day was seeing your daughter wearing the Forker helmet!
nice to meet you as well, it's always nice putting a name to a sig line!

As always….

Georg for the win!

7402A06E-B411-4188-91E4-30D81537063E.jpeg

Can’t do much but I did set this column shift mount on the frame just to see it.

1758A1C4-BAC9-4A85-BDE5-F3E05C2F1DC5.jpeg

Might just go out to the garage later and stare at what’s done just for fun.

Pretty sure I could try to weld up the new bolts to the radiator support but not really worth it if I garf it all up or set myself on fire.

I might come down next week grab a lawn chair just to enjoy some of that 80 degree weather with you

Would love that Rob. We can chat it up and go through a bunch of these old parts.

I found the column shift reverse switch/clamp you gave me years ago. Will come in handy with the 4 speed column shift project down the road.

Had a nice visit from @cruiserbrett @calixto @ebertotti and @landcrusher909 yeaterday.

Lifted my spirits to be around such good people.

Power steering:

A few more measurements and prep for an October re-start.

4 speed column shift?

Dug up this old reverse switch bracket from Rob a few years back.

57586163-BE3C-4338-A7D0-9D53B2E79DDE.jpeg

A few hours in this…

10DBB909-2C43-45EB-A4FE-130874995B59.jpeg

And now this…

FE061883-3446-4C3B-BA64-6EAB74EF0AFF.jpeg

Not even sure it will work once we determine new linkage but maybe?!

Wow next time I'm down ill have to bring some parts I need cleaned. That looks mint. Great hanging out for sure.

Dom, I have a tumbler as well( noisy!) what media are you using? I have only tried crushed walnuts. It does a good job, but I let it run all night. Looking for something more aggressive..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom