What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled truck into the garage today to remove some Kentucky and Colorado pinstripes from recent trails.
Weboost antenna mount didn't clear the garage this time like it has in the past. Strange as I'm not aware of reducing any weight on the truck. Both gas tanks full and tires at normal pressure.

Here is what it looks like when you rip something off the Prinsu rails. Easy fix, slide it down or flip the rail over.
IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1180.jpeg

Cleaned 6k miles of summer road trip(s) off, vacuumed the remains of lots of road meals and snacks out, and cleaned and conditioned the seats with Lexol. I can’t believe how good the seats look at 14 years and 262k miles. I really need to spend some time removing some tree scratches and she’d look awesome, but we’ll probably go get her dirty again instead. For some reason my helper really wanted to clean the roof box. And only the roof box :rofl:
611E9962-25C5-4386-86D9-EECC9848016E.jpeg
25059E6C-64DC-4730-A738-2395BAEF65BC.jpeg

I also spent the day cleaning the rig with "free" "help". I had planned on quickly vacuuming out the inside, but when I went to do the cargo area I saw a small bolt that didn't look familiar, but that I knew came from something in the back. 3 hours later I had the bolt back in the platform, tightened everything else, spot cleaned the carpets, wiped down everything else on the inside, washed the exterior... and packed for our camping trip on Monday which will likely undo 90% of that good work.

Oh, and at one point in the process I turned around to find my "help" swinging a wrench around in the front seat. Had to can her ass on the spot. 🤦‍♂️

IMG-5888.jpg

IMG-5890.jpg

View attachment 3084998

We spent the night with the big boys… we earned enough road cred after clocking 1020 miles in one day, Clayton, NM to Hamilton, AL. If only we could get gas pumps that don’t have purchase limits of $100-$175.

1020 miles in one day! Trailering no less. WOW!

View attachment 3084998

We spent the night with the big boys… we earned enough road cred after clocking 1020 miles in one day, Clayton, NM to Hamilton, AL. If only we could get gas pumps that don’t have purchase limits of $100-$175.
Woof! I think the most I've done in a day is about 700. I'd ask how the ride was, but if you decided to do that much of it - couldn't have been that bad!

1020 miles in one day! Trailering no less. WOW!

Woof! I think the most I've done in a day is about 700. I'd ask how the ride was, but if you decided to do that much of it - couldn't have been that bad!
To be completely honest, I surprised myself. We hit the gas station close to our planned campsite in Ozark, AR at 4pm and decided to skip camp and see how far we could get. The kiddos fell asleep around 730, the 40 gallon LRA provided the range, and some coast to coast AM highlight clips podcast (my wife had never heard of this show) all combined to make one heck of a memorable drive.

Growing up in West Texas, I hate stopping when on a run. Especially back when the national speed limit was 55mph. That sucked bigtime. I'm lucky enough that my wife has no problem pulling off to take a leak when I do, just about anywhere in the country. On highways you would find an easy off easy on ramp with no services and you would see no one at all in the few minutes needed. My Excursion has a 44 gallon tank from the factory and about a 600 mile range. Love it. Once I get the 12.5 gallon auxiliary in the 200 I'll be set for range as well. I want to get out of the car and stretch my legs when convenient vs when I have to buy fuel. I just turned 60 years old but still do epic drive times with the wife and kids. Texas to Lake Superior about twice a year. Lucky to have a sister in law in Oklahoma so 8 hours Houston to OK, then 15 hours to the West end of Lake Superior in Duluth MN, where I-35 ends. When have driven that drive straight through with a 8000 lb pontoon boat and trailer several times. It's about 24 hours with stops to eat and fuel etc. I am all in on the LRA aux tank option.

Finally wrapped my handles. Finished the steering rack install and started a version of @TeCKis300 long travel AHC set up.

Got the back done. Have not chopped off the lower portion of the rear shock mounts yet ( wanted to make sure this was going to show some improvement first). It is reversible at this point.

All is all, raised the rear lower shock mount 2.25 inches, dropped the bump 3/4 inch and the tires stuff nicely. Also the rear suspension, feels so much better than the fronts. I have the majority of front tundra conversion parts and 4 oem spacers lying around.

I should get to the front end wrapped up by the end of the month.

2B16C71E-BAB4-48FB-AC58-32FD582B20F2.jpeg

28A0DDAD-261D-4EED-8CF5-2F427520285D.jpeg

F6E0FE86-11C2-4021-A3B8-A354B6D8A336.jpeg

Finally wrapped my handles. Finished the steering rack install and started a version of @TeCKis300 long travel AHC set up.

Got the back done. Have not chopped off the lower portion of the rear shock mounts yet ( wanted to make sure this was going to show some improvement first). It is reversible at this point.

All is all, raised the rear lower shock mount 2.25 inches, dropped the bump 3/4 inch and the tires stuff nicely. Also the rear suspension, feels so much better than the fronts. I have the majority of front tundra conversion parts and 4 oem spacers lying around.

I should get to the front end wrapped up by the end of the month.

View attachment 3085286

View attachment 3085287

View attachment 3085288

Great to see you push the envelop even further!!! Keep us posted how it all works out. I'm loving the extended travel. Going to hit the trails again next weekend.

Great to see you push the envelop even further!!! Keep us posted how it all works out. I'm loving the extended travel. Going to hit the trails again next weekend.
I have a nice short but very aggressive mogul patch about a mile from
My house. If your going to rub it will present itself there 100%.

When I put the truck into 4low and it auto lifts to H, I usually feel it immediately and drop back down to N because I’m pegged.

With the upgrade, I was able to stuff the 315s and flex in H the whole way. It was beautiful. Can’t wait to push it hard this weekend up in the mountains. I’m hoping my bump is dropped enough, but maybe not….

Honestly, it’s a breath of fresh air, it was an easy upgrade as long as you can weld and the outcome was significant.

I’m excited to see the extra 2in of droop put to work in N.

To be completely honest, I surprised myself. We hit the gas station close to our planned campsite in Ozark, AR at 4pm and decided to skip camp and see how far we could get. The kiddos fell asleep around 730, the 40 gallon LRA provided the range, and some coast to coast AM highlight clips podcast (my wife had never heard of this show) all combined to make one heck of a memorable drive.
Listening to Art Bell right now.

Reactions: SSG
I have a nice short but very aggressive mogul patch about a mile from
My house. If your going to rub it will present itself there 100%.

When I put the truck into 4low and it auto lifts to H, I usually feel it immediately and drop back down to N because I’m pegged.

With the upgrade, I was able to stuff the 315s and flex in H the whole way. It was beautiful. Can’t wait to push it hard this weekend up in the mountains. I’m hoping my bump is dropped enough, but maybe not….

Honestly, it’s a breath of fresh air, it was an easy upgrade as long as you can weld and the outcome was significant.

I’m excited to see the extra 2in of droop put to work in N.
I'm in your area. I may have to swap you a six pack for a ride in your LX over this bump-fest at some point.

Tried Rubber dipping the chrome door guards.
Quality of the product and user not there for my LC.

Using push retainers to fill the holes until I decide what's next ie. Paint.

I'm going to lie and say I'm kinda impressed.

20220814_101733.jpg

20220814_101715.jpg

20220814_101708.jpg

Better pic from a distance.
20220814_122616.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom