What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the seats are the only thing of value!!

Lots of nla parts on that thing with value. The 3fe has value for other 1st gen 80 owners along with the fj62 crowd. I even think purists like to swap them into 40 series and old troopies.

Snorkel complete :flipoff2:

What an incredible difference in Air Intake Temp and those long mountain grades are a bit easier with a tiny more pedal available.

The first hole was that wrenching to drill, after that you got a little easier

PXL_20220724_165759549~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220811-000853.png

Screenshot_20220811-000822~2.png

Last edited:
Looks good. Those bolts inside the fender were fun weren't they? Luckily my 14 year old has long skinny arms so he helped me out quote a bit.
Hahaha, right! The 2 furthest back are not in, how did you get yours I was thinking about taking out the power antenna and getting my 16 year old to get her arm in there

Snorkel complete
What an incredible difference in Air Intake Temp and those long mountain grades are a bit easier with a tiny more pedal available.

View attachment 3083714

View attachment 3083715

View attachment 3083716

You're nuts man! :steer: Nice work.

While I do respect and appreciate Safari's quality and heritage, it'd be dope if a vendor like Delta made a snorkel in their aesthetic esp for rigs like yours that did the right thing by going ALL in.

Imagine one in CFRP. Siq!

Hahaha, right! The 2 furthest back are not in, how did you get yours I was thinking about taking out the power antenna and getting my 16 year old to get her arm in there

This is how he did it. He insisted he got them all tight. I hope he's right because I can't reach in there to double check.🤣 It mounts up really solid.

IMG-0873.PNG

Installed the HuddExpo EGR test kit. Easy to install. No more check engine light and motor runs a lot better.
Curious on what that is ! 🤔

Snorkel complete

Cudos on drilling through your fender!! That is no task for the weak hearted lol

Curious on what that is ! 🤔

It's a test plug that goes into the egr sensor plug. It feeds the ecm the correct signals to keep the ecm from throwing the egr code.

It is designed to help diagnose egr problems.

I'm doing this as well. EGR Test kit has been installed for a few years without issue. Got the @NLXTACY keychains pending install.

Yes what @leonard_nemoy said.

For me it’s temporary until I can remove all ERG hardware off my engine and place block off plates.
So in theory this gives better performance but more emission ? And is that in all 1fz engines ?

20220802_191013.jpg

Bonnet heatshield is toast made a local one as a temp fix

You can pull the side maker light and reach to those bolts pretty easy
I did not install the back bolts not needed once secure to the A pillar
yeah we did most through the headlight/marker light hole, does make it much easier. It was the back bolts he's reaching for here. Was worth it to me to try and get all of them, but yeah you're probably right would be fine without the back bolts done.

Picked up this 92 it’s a bucket of bolts! Not sure if I should fix or part out. The body is a shotty repaint job and a reconstructed title. Wrong front grill. Interior is almost perfect, only 200k on motor it runs of drives ok I drove it home 120miles no
Problems sight unseen. Suspension is smoked,
sounds like a good parts truck. I would go for the middle 4 clear windows if you can get them to Colorado in 4 pieces(not 20).
1660254412746.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom