I am making LC Scale Kits & Accessories for mud! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's coming together nicely 👍 🥃
Yes sir, just a few missing pieces left to go; battery, servos, rc controller and battery charger.

We have what we need to put most of it together so I will begin on that today.

I will also portion out kits for the folks building along and ship that off this weekend/Monday, now that fasteners are here.

If you have not already done so, I need address and model/color preferences (exterior, interior, and wheels).

Not counting bashers because we wing those, so far I have:

40 hard top for boatman
And I wanna say everyone else wanted a 45

Yes sir, just a few missing pieces left to go; battery, servos, rc controller and battery charger.

We have what we need to put most of it together so I will begin on that today.

I will also portion out kits for the folks building along and ship that off this weekend/Monday, now that fasteners are here.

If you have not already done so, I need address and model/color preferences (exterior, interior, and wheels).

Not counting bashers because we wing those, so far I have:

40 hard top for boatman
And I wanna say everyone else wanted a 45
Yay!

Box # 1: ships Monday. Every Tester that I have an address for will be receiving one, unless you want me to build your display kit for you. I plan on building your basher so you have something to reference, but I think you’d want to build your own display kit. It’s going to take some time before I’m ready to offer the ones I build as display kits; but we’ll get there.

Anyways,
Contains:
4 tires, I will send you a spare later.
40 bearings
4 belts
1 motor and mounts
1 full set of fasteners
4 shocks

I’m holding off on including cable connectors for now, unless you want them. Not sure if we will need them, and if needed I will likely do that part and ship off pre-connected cables.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hilux got the green and 45 fasteners. There are plenty of green ones.

These I only have 1 of:

Black
Silver
Gold
Gray
Blue
Red

If you have a preference let me know within next few days!

Silver and gray are pictured together
Black and gold
Light and dark blue
Red

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok,I tried doing this the hard way just now and Didn’t even make it through portioning one set; it’s a lot of parts to organize without a plan.

So the plan is:

1. Get coffee.

2. Build one or two over weekend, and portion out parts as I go along.

image.jpg

@mrboatman i did throw black ones in yours.

Also got all the non printable sorted out and in boxes. @glennjenn i will make a box with white parts for you as well. Yours will also come preassembled.

Other than that, if you don’t see your name in last two photos, send me a reminder!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hilux, for your spares do you want same color or different shocks? And spare fasteners for 45 as well?

Last edited:
Ok,I tried doing this the hard way just now and Didn’t even make it through portioning one set; it’s a lot of parts to organize without a plan.

So the plan is:

1. Get coffee.

2. Build one or two over weekend, and portion out parts as I go along.

View attachment 3084135

@mrboatman i did throw black ones in yours.

Also got all the non printable sorted out and in boxes. @glennjenn i will make a box with white parts for you as well. Yours will also come preassembled.

Other than that, if you don’t see your name in last two photos, send me a reminder!

View attachment 3084136

View attachment 3084137

Hilux, for your spares do you want same color or different shocks? And spare fasteners for 45 as well?
I am ok with whatever color, and if possible, yes.

All of shock colors are cool, so it will be difficult to get it wrong SharpeCat!

Good news: finally Broke my iPhone 8.

Broke out the old s10 my dad gave me. Photo quality should improve.

Last photo are unorganized and mostly small parts from this week. Moving forward, I will be going straight from build plate to box, or straight from build plate to assembly. I am adding a lot of unnecessary extra work by making a mess where I don't need to. It's nice to have a healthy pile to pick from when assembling though, but I think this is *healthy* enough.

16603680835452960446753438833157.jpg

16603682145001693119881328629003.jpg

16603682920723989190276097452245.jpg

This makes my brain hurt looking at all that. lol

Usually the more amps for the ESC, the higher the cost. However, I am seeing similar prices from 30a all the way to 480a for the ones I am trying for first fleet.

Is there a reason not to go huge here? Seems overkill for the size of motor/maybe I'll get various amperage to test; unless someone who knows more has advice. 3dsets recommends 30-60, but going higher will mean you can upgrade motors later without needing to upgrade ESCs.

I am working on finalizing order for rest of electronics this week (parents gave me some money for my birthday!).

Also I spent most of my weekend dealing with life, and cleaning so I could have an assembly area that isn't on the floor.

Started working on assembly again last night, will send another update later. I will have the stream on most of this week during assembly as well.

My goal is to complete most of the build over the next two weeks, then send off complete when esc, rc controller servos and battery/charger gets here and I make sure everything works.

It's coming together. I'll be live most of this week while working on this. I'm excited to see it take more of its shape this week/expect spam; the good kind.

16605944435719167892349062874305.jpg

And first set will be basher kits. Display kits we will do at the end - I need time to do some fine tuning on the hardware side; namely upgrade motion systems to linear rails, so that I can keep it more smooth as print gets taller. My wheel bearing system degrades over time as the wheels get scuffed up, and the vibrations from uneven wheels show up in the prints as wobbly walls and etc.

Just nerdy printer stuff, and all you guys need to know is that I will take care of it. For first batch of 12, I plan on giving each tester a fully ready to run (6 total), then sell the other 6 to recover/fund costs needed for linear rails and hotend upgrade. I will also put it towards mods and upgrades.

After linear rails and stealthburner upgrades (I am building a fleet of hotends this month), I want to go back and try to nail some quality prints again. This will also make my life easier in terms of how much attention each printer needs, because the motion system (belts, wheels, pulleys and rails) and hotend demand the most of my time so far. When they fail or break, it comes with a long wait before I'm up and running.

Learning to build my own hotends and motion systems will not only increase print quality (linear rails are very reliable and way faster/more precise), but also increase print speed as well as printer up time.

I will work on that alongside the next big chunk of assembly, over next two weeks/however long it takes to ship last bit of electronics. I will find out soon.

Last edited:
And by the way, I said I would ship out first chunk today but I did not get far in terms of sorting things out, that and It's easier to ship it assembled.

For future prints (like the 45), I will go from build plate to box so I do not need to do any sorting; faster to print a new batch than to sort my mess lol.

I think a good balance might be that I ship off the bulk assembled, and let you assemble the little stuff like hinges, mirrors, mud flaps etc.

Don't worry @The Jade Bean , I plan on sending you unassembled once I nail the quality; for you and for the mudders who take great care and pride In doing your own assembly. I really want to see what comes out of it.

I even considered sending your basher unassembled, but I figured it's good to send everyone an assembled version for reference first.

Last edited:
Not sure if I ever showed you guys my room and closet, but you do not need to worry about me running out of filament, or need to be shy when choosing a color. Going by the photos so far you'd think all the beautiful green is spoken for, but really it's just waiting for its time so I can make the most of it. I am training myself to not take the filament for granted, even when I have lots

When we get our software and hardware down and ready to really nail some quality prints, the filament will be there. Choose colors based on what you really want long run/trophy kit, as long term that's what I want to aim for. I do plan on having all original lc colors made in filament as well, FYI.

Everyone also has the option of mailing me a roll and having me make their parts in that.

As far as basher kits, these will just give us an idea of what the final version will look like, and give us something to play around with in the mean time. I wouldn't want you guys to put these on your walls at home, or desk in your office just yet.

With that said, we do have some pretty good looking bashers coming up!

And dont forget about the filament downstairs.

16606007334343090438115651185335.jpg

16606007596387844243937901873449.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that is the bezel and white is the stock color. Thanks!
Spam begins!

When you say bezel, you mean this fella?

And you want him as white, correct? Same for hard tops.

I made them in white, black and exterior color just in case, but white is standard?

View attachment 3087637

Well hello Jade, Papa Smurf. Nice to see you on my desk again.

We are going to get you all tuned up so that you can go back to making beautiful parts. 45 you say? With the wooden beds!??

Tuning for wooden beds it is.

Mike and Eiffel also came in for a visit. In fact I'm about to see the whole family before sending everybody off to another marathon.

They are getting a general hardware checkup (belts, wheels, tensioners etc), as well as tuning on software side. Boring stuff I know, but It is good for moving onto interior, wheels and 45 parts. I also need to make some white roofs, and tune 1 printer for lights. 1 at a time over next few days

16606447633698407931048985482255.jpg

16606447798054844697263830716767.jpg

16606447901634117728550388827071.jpg

16606448091541075000593202541930.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom