Wanted Need 1FZ-FE engine, long block OK. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need 1FZ-FE, ODB-II, engine with (preferably) less than 200k. Would prefer to not use a recon engine unless there is a good history….
I can travel the west to pickup, or will pay shipping.
Thanks,
Al

Hey I commented to your post about engine earlier. I have a 97 that came out of my collectors edition it ran perfect when pulled and under the valve cover looks perfect. I was going to do a full rebuild and sell but I am willing to sell without rebuilding it. I am in Portland Oregon area.has 260k on motor has been extremely well maintained but I would still rebuild since it’s in a engine stand and everything is easily accessible now.

260k on motor has been extremely well maintained but I would still rebuild since it’s in a engine stand and everything is easily accessible now.
That sounds like a possible route. I was hoping to find an engine with less than 200k, somewhat because the few data points I have says that #6 cylinder gets a HG coolant leak between 300 and 340 k mikes.

Seems like if an engine has been well maintained, it can easily make it to 300k+ and not have any compression loss or HG issues. So I was hoping if I got a <200 k I could get 5 more years before a rebuild.

But you proposition would get me a lot longer reliability, and it’s great to talk with the owner who knows something about the engine.
What type of rebuild were you thinking?. Head rebuild, plus bore & pistons 10 over? Most folks I talked to say the did and mains are standard, and tge crank doesn't need grinding.
Thanks

That sounds like a possible route. I was hoping to find an engine with less than 200k, somewhat because the few data points I have says that #6 cylinder gets a HG coolant leak between 300 and 340 k mikes.

Seems like if an engine has been well maintained, it can easily make it to 300k+ and not have any compression loss or HG issues. So I was hoping if I got a <200 k I could get 5 more years before a rebuild.

But you proposition would get me a lot longer reliability, and it’s great to talk with the owner who knows something about the engine.
What type of rebuild were you thinking?. Head rebuild, plus bore & pistons 10 over? Most folks I talked to say the did and mains are standard, and tge crank doesn't need grinding.
Thanks
Yah a full rebuild Is a no brainer. Toyota sells .50/1.0 pistons I did .50 on mine that I swapped out for the current motor I am rebuilding. The cross hatching in the piston bore was still present and looked great but it’s hard to (find a machinist) that will deck a block and put in new rings without making a new service for the rings to make there new home in. Full head rebuild with 3 way valve grind and valve guide seals. As far as bearings I replaced all the bearing even though they showed no wear. And the crank needed no work. It can be hard to find lower end bearing but it’s achievable. I am currently rebuilding two other trucks and both head gaskets let go in the 320k range so your right on the money for failure. Lots of folks have reported failures before 200k also the key is maintenance of the cooling system and usage of the truck. Anyways let me know also you can pm/dm and I’ll shoot you my number if you wanna chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom