FZJ80 A442F Transmission Solenoids From AW450-43LE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, very cheap for the real deal.

I just ordered all four of those Amazon solenoids. I can't wait to try them out. I have the same issue that you were experiencing. It would not down shift to first at a stop, started in 3rd, skipped 2nd, etc. 299K miles on my 93.

Another satisfied customer. Just did the Isuzu solenoids yesterday on my rig after 2nd gear and overdrive became more and more erratic. Took me about 4 hours from start to finish. I took my time on clean up. 26 years of gunk on the pan wasn't coming off so easily. Back flushed the filter, swapped out the solenoids and added back about 6-7 quarts of Mobil1 ATF and I was good to go. I also used the A440 pan gasket. Lined up perfect. Definitely recommend.

A440 gasket was $30 shipped on ebay
Isuzu solenoids were about $27 shipped on ebay
Mobil1 Synthentic ATF was 7.69 a quart on amazon
About $111 total for the job

IMG_20200822_113114.jpg

IMG_20200822_123750.jpg

IMG_20200822_105315.jpg

is there a 4th solenoid links are only showing 3

Shift 2 and Timing use the same solenoid. Only 3 different part numbers for the 4 solenoids.

So will I need 2 of the
Isuzu 897202074 Solenoid?

It's in the first post. I got mine all off ebay for roughly $27 total. Just look up the D numbers below.

Website part reference: FSM reference:
D49421A Solenoid, AW450-43LE (RNJ) Shift 1 --- Timing Solenoid
D49422A Solenoid, AW450-43LE (RNJ) Shift 2 --- No. 1 Solenoid
D49422A Solenoid, AW450-43LE (RNJ) Timing --- No. 2 Solenoid
D49425A Solenoid, AW450-43LE (RNJ) Lockup --- Lock-Up Solenoid

Dear all,
I have a question in this regard. My '95 Land Cruiser 4.2L turbodiesel with automatic gearbox is indecisive when shifting from first to second gear. It shifts up, down and finally up. I think this could be the solenoids but am not sure. I am thinking to follow the suggestion in the first post to order a set of solenoids at cobra transmissions. I am just wondering if the gearbox for the petrol and diesel engines are the same? But perhaps someone has a better suggestion about the gearbox issue that I'm experiencing?

Thanks!
Not many OEM diesels in the US; maybe one of the Aussies can help with that question.

As to replacing the solenoids, try replacing all the fluid first. You can use the cooler input line to drain the system. First drain the pan. You'll get about a litre or two in an hour, and five or six if you let it drain for a day or more. I always plan ahead to be without my truck for three days, to allow all the fluid to drain; the more that you remove initially, the cleaner the flush will be. After draining, and replacing the drain plug and installing a new sealing washer, remove the top hose from the cooler. This won't be used for the flush, so pin it open end up, out of the way. Connect a clear Ø12mm hose about 1m long to the nipple and clamp the other end in a clear 5L container. Marking every litre on the outside of the container in advance will be helpful.

Replace the amount of fluid you drained (you measured that, right?) and then start the engine. Watch the fluid level rise in the container (I place mine on the ground in front of the bumper, so I can fill and watch at the same time), adding fluid at about the same rate the container fills. The engine runs the gearbox pump, so it has to be running to pump the fluid. Stop it when you want the fluid to stop. The response is immediate.

You can overfill the gearbox initially without fear of problems, but the last two litres should be added slowly. I actually only use a 4L container and use 4 for this job. The fluid in the last container should be noticeably cleaner than the first three. Plan on 11.5L total.

If, after this, the gearbox operation isn't as new, then consider replacing the solenoids. The 95-97 A343F is not as pictured in the OP's photos of the A442. There is no pan gasket per se; Toyota used FIPG, from a tube, and it's notoriously difficult to remove. Obviously the outside of the pan has to be as clean as you'd want the inside to be prior to removal, or else you risk contamination. Once off, the procedure is as described previously in this thread.

whew. just ordered and saved a bunch. the amazon links wouldn't work, so had to ebay them. 136 for set of 4 with fedex shipping to Kuwait.

The toyota solenoids from partsouq are a litle over 100ea.

So I own a 1997 Land Cruiser and don't think I have the A442F transmission. Will these Isuzu solenoids work for my 97?

So I own a 1997 Land Cruiser and don't think I have the A442F transmission. Will these Isuzu solenoids work for my 97?
I think I found the answer in that these solenoids will not work for my 97 which is a A343 transmission. Bummer. I thought I found a good fix for the occasional downshift issue I am having.

About 2 weeks shy of 2 years for me. Still shifting great here too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom