Rubber Donuts - Replacing Accumulators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DownTheRoad

GOLD Star
Threads
First, I have no idea what I'm doing or talking about when it comes to suspension of the LX570. As an engineer, I like to take apart things to break them. šŸ„°

So, I have the AHC Fluid on order (5L ar about $30 per L including shipping and taxes). I also am about to pull the trigger on the Accumulators. Stateside are $750, from Japan are $400-560 plus duties. Anyone purchased accumulators from a Japan seller and paid duties recently, about how much extra?

The fluid flush, and accumulator replacement looks pretty basic thanks to the wealth of forum members giving it a go before my attempt.

Anyways, while I was under the truck effing around I noticed some rubber Donuts (bump stops?) along the suspension system that are cracked. Is it a fairly easy, driveway job to replace them? This got me to wondering what other components should I be replacing as preventative maintenance and to get the suspension tighter. I am at 117k miles for a 2010 LX570, on 18" wheels.

The advice I've received is start with globes/fluid.
It is a driveway job, here is one video on the topic

Rear suspension rebuild/refresh (no video)

The more you dig, the more you will find. Good luck.

Show us a picture of the cracked bump stops.

You're probably ok anyway. The LX is pretty good at keeping the suspension from harshly bottoming out.

Show us a picture of the cracked bump stops.

You're probably ok anyway. The LX is pretty good at keeping the suspension from harshly bottoming out.

PXL_20220810_033033755.jpg

PXL_20220810_032916076.jpg

48817-60020. Need two per side, or total of 4.

1660112113410.png

@TeCKis300 Thank you for the part number and exploded view.

I bought the globes from an eBay vendor from Japan. Did not have to pay any import duties or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom