Events/Trails Annual Southeast 70 Series Meet and Greet, September 22-25 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CHEAP GMRS - Amazon product ASIN B07YW6XHNG (I have one of these I use frequently. Cheap. Easy. Reliable.)
UPGRADE GMRS - Amazon product ASIN B00MAULSOKINSTALLED GMRS - Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS Base/Mobile Two Way Radio - https://www.buytwowayradios.com/wouxun-kg-1000g.html (There are plenty of products out there but I have a few of these and they are great. Serviced in USA which is convenient)
One of the three original organizers of this event just happens to be a Midland dealer. 😊
(@elkaholic)

Last edited:

Since Nemo Tunnel has been visited during prior gatherings, reposting this news on a recent accident near the tunnel for background.
This accident has resulted in access to the tunnel being closed to vehicle traffic.

Since Nemo Tunnel has been visited during prior gatherings, reposting this news on a recent accident near the tunnel for background.
This accident has resulted in access to the tunnel being closed to vehicle traffic.

It only takes one bad peanut to ruin a mouthful of good peanuts. In this case the bad peanut is the owner of a GMC pickup. 😡

I don’t own a 70 series yet. (About 1-2 years away from being in a Troopy.) Would it be okay if I show up in a non Toyota? Say a diesel powered Range Rover Classic? I’d like to come and make sure a 70 is right for me in the future. If you guys are keeping it Toyota only I understand. Being side eyed, ridiculed or made fun of is no problem.

I don’t own a 70 series yet. (About 1-2 years away from being in a Troopy.) Would it be okay if I show up in a non Toyota? Say a diesel powered Range Rover Classic? I’d like to come and make sure a 70 is right for me in the future. If you guys are keeping it Toyota only I understand. Being side eyed, ridiculed or made fun of is no problem.
P.M. sent ….. 😊

It would be pretty lame if someone acted like that, some of us own rovers too ;)

Being side eyed, ridiculed and made fun of will happen no matter what you drive. It's that kind of party. My 73 might not make it so I can ride with you.

The majority of this information has been covered in the thread but here are the cliff notes.…….

* We don’t have a registration period and there are no tickets to be purchased.
(( We do need a headcount however so if you plan to attend please let me know))
* The only known expense is a park pass from Windrock.
* We don’t have automobile inspections (it’s to you to make sure your Land Cruiser is up to the task).
* Windrock offers both cabins and camping areas although the cabins may already be booked.
* For the group that arrives on Thursday, which is normally the majority, we plan to meet at a restaurant in nearby Oak Ridge.
* We routinely depart the Windrock parking lot at 9:00am both Friday and Saturday mornings. (You will need to have purchased your park permits PRIOR to 9:00am).
* The communication of choice will most likely be GMRS. (on a side note, once in the mountains, your cell phone is basically a paper weight due to spotty coverage.
* Recognizing that we have attendees with little to no off-road experience while others only like the hard stuff, we offer different trails that cater to your level of experience.
* Much like the majority of other organized events you’ll be required to sign a liability waiver.

Last edited:
6FCBA905-DDCF-47AB-9D6B-D0997FA663C1.jpeg

If anyone needs a GMRS setup, I am a dealer for both Midland and Rugged Radios and will be glad to get you set up ... for those that don't know, I am one of the "hosts" of this little shindig coming up. Please note that I will be essentially unreachable from the 13th through the 23rd of this month but I keep a lot of items in stock and what I do not have in stock is usually readily available from my distributors.

Sam / Peter / Charles,
Have you explored other social media platforms to get the word on the meet-n-greet? Why do I ask ... On Sunday, I spotted an exceptional FJ71 in traffic a couple of miles from the house so I followed the truck until he stopped. In the course of introductions and pleasantries, I told him about the meet-n-greet at Windrock. He indicated that he was very familiar with Windrock but 'mud was unknown to him. He asked if any info was posted on instagram, facebook or such. I don't use social media, but you may be so just letting you about the exchange for your consideration.

Thanks

Sam / Peter / Charles,
Have you explored other social media platforms to get the word on the meet-n-greet? Why do I ask ... On Sunday, I spotted an exceptional FJ71 in traffic a couple of miles from the house so I followed the truck until he stopped. In the course of introductions and pleasantries, I told him about the meet-n-greet at Windrock. He indicated that he was very familiar with Windrock but 'mud was unknown to him. He asked if any info was posted on instagram, facebook or such. I don't use social media, but you may be so just letting you about the exchange for your consideration.

Thanks
Larry, We are on ‘MUD, 3 Different threads on Facebook, 2 of which are 70 Series specific, and TLCA’s event calendar as well as their Instagram page.
Those sources pretty much exhausted my “social media” knowledge. 😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom