What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really didn't like the oem wing nut for the air cleaner. I have been running this replacement, so I added some text.

20220807_200307.jpg
20220807_200333.jpg

Went to Joshua Tree and :princess: picked out the stay. Had to get away for a bit and mess around on the dry lake bed.

full

Then we had a surprise guest show up. Mojave Green rattlesnake. Put my shoe on half a foot away from it and hardly noticed at first. Luckily she wasn't feeling aggressive and just gave me a fair warning.

full

full

Dang, that is a gnarly snack that I wouldn't want to mess with.

The Mojave green is the only snake to have two different venoms. They have a neuro toxin that will paralyze you like a cobra and a hemorrhagic venom like other rattlesnakes.

Dang, that is a gnarly snack that I wouldn't want to mess with.

The Mojave green is the only snake to have two different venoms. They have a neuro toxin that will paralyze you like a cobra and a hemorrhagic venom like other rattlesnakes.

The snake catcher was very excited to see it and schooled me on the species. After she caught it she then decided to share with us just how poisonous it is. Beautiful animal and glad it didn't take a turn for the worst.

Sunday I added a fan to the transmission cooler and found some nice cloth manual seats to put in instead of the leather power seats.
You are gonna like the cloth! I've got the original cloth in my '97, wish I could find a new cover for the DS seat bottom as mine is getting pretty thin on that door side bolster.

New Shoes

IMG_7699.jpg

And new rear (well transplant from my Old FJ80) 4x4Labs bumper installed. Ready for the weekend!

IMG_7698.jpg

Your making me want an Instagram account lol

I got the leak at the bottom corner of the windshield. Where would I apply the sikaflex?
Go have your glass re-set. I had mine done 3 times before that leak stopped after I had windshield replaced from a rock strike. I guess these can be a little tricky, had the shop owner set it last and it hasn't leaked since.

Is that you, not_your_moms_lx450 ??? It's me, billybullyfzj80 :rofl:

Sunday I added a fan to the transmission cooler and found some nice cloth manual seats to put in instead of the leather power seats.

You going to sell these on your site? Is the verbiage customizable?
Added to the site... up to 35 characters

And I'll use my logo to seperate start and end of text.

I went cheap about 6 months ago and just grabbed belts from Auto Zone. I was tired of my AC belt squeal and planned to swap them that night. Was too impatient to wait on the mail so I didn't go OEM. Got side tracked as soon as I got home so I threw them in the back of the land cruiser and never got around to it. Finally decided to install them tonight and my Alt belts were too long... Just threw them all away and ordered some from Toyota just a few minutes ago. Going to leave her in pieces for a few days until the OEM belts arrive. Should have ordered the OEMs the first time I was thinking about it...

Have you talked to an upholstery shop?
Not yet, still holding out hope that I can happen upon one seat bottom. The rest still looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom