What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the IronMan lower control arm braces all installed and snugged up. Peace of mind. Drilling through the LCA’s isn’t too bad.

FA0B3C21-CBE6-4004-AF80-C011F3915449.jpeg

Did you have to bend the lower tab up before welding? The underneath section of the bracket did not completely snug up until I torqued those two lower bolts down. Hmmm, I do know how weld….

Did you have to bend the lower tab up before welding? The underneath section of the bracket did not completely snug up until I torqued those two lower bolts down. Hmmm, I do know how weld….

Just clamped them.

I am new to the 100 series. Coming from the 40 forum OCD Bettle has a really successful, fun thread where we post a pic of wheeling, a fix, a new part, etc. for our trucks.

It's neat to see the mix of projects, daily driving issues, weekend wheelin reports, etc.

I thought the 100 forum could use one...

I'll start...today I ordered an Iron Man 2 inch lift kit for my 99'.:clap:
NOT a fun w/e. All the parts had arrived so no more excuses, tore apart the back, replaced Rr A/C Evap & Expansion, after having to drill out & replace BONDED 6mm x 2+" long bolt securing lines to bottom of rr unit outside to inside, replaced w/corrosion block coated new S/S bolt & washers, finally had everything all reassembled & realized, 'wait, these 7(SEVEN) Screws go to the A/C Case, had to disassemble & install those too (never work when over tired....so desperately wanted to get that interior back end looking 'normal' again), buttoned it all up (again), and moved to front. Rr took 9 hrs including screw ups & 2x-3x on the replacement process, front took 30 min. to pull & replace Evap, expansion chamber & all new o-rings everywhere and another 5 min. for new drier insert. Off it went yesterday morning to be recharged by the a/c "pros". Happy Wife, Happy Life...I'm going to print up a label for the "Climate Control Setting"....right where she likes it: "MORGUE" Also installed new Power Antenna Mast & sun/rain visors over the windows she's Never Going to Lower Again (just a prediction), & now carpets are 'crunchy' from all the SWEAT (it was 100+ all w/e & 95-99% Humility)...I lost 5lbs, but it's all done & she's a happy camper (in her rolling Meat Locker!)

Where did you find the part for the brake master ? is this the part that usually breaks ?
Where did you find the part for the brake master ? is this the part that usually breaks ?
I’ll need to go back in time to give you some context:

About 2 years ago now my abs brake booster motor failed. I replaced it with a used LKQ pick your part Mitsubishi Montero booster which is shorter in length it fits after bending the retainer bracket/gusset. I paid $20 for it.

$20 bandaid failed but I lost the original housing and kinda forgot about the size difference. I ordered a new booster motor on eBay and the first photo showed the housing so I thought I was good to go. What showed up was just the internal motor which was too long for my itsy bitsy housing so back that went.

I then ordered the complete component sealed housing motor base plate and slapped that in the master and wham bam doodle my brakes worked again. This part failed at like 215,000 miles the first time and the used part failed two years and some couple tens of thousands of miles later.

This will fail and as soon as you hear the infernal beep, STOP DRIVING!!! The first time I drove it like that for like 7 months and two Major road trips with music blaring the whole time. Is it dangerous to drive with no rear brakes and minimal front? Yes. Did I do without killing anyone? Maybe…but it wasn’t smart so don’t do it! And don’t get a Mitsubishi used part.

Here’s the link to the replacement part I bought it has a great warranty and hopefully it lasts another 1 to 2 hundred thousand miles: 1998 - 2002 Land Cruiser / LX470 New Abs Pump Master Cylinder Repair Electric Motor - Wholesale Parts Express - https://www.wholesalepartsexpress.com/product/new-4runner-land-cruiser-abs-pump-master-cylinder-repair-electric-motor-2000-2002/

I’ll need to go back in time to give you some context:

About 2 years ago now my abs brake booster motor failed. I replaced it with a used LKQ pick your part Mitsubishi Montero booster which is shorter in length it fits after bending the retainer bracket/gusset. I paid $20 for it.

$20 bandaid failed but I lost the original housing and kinda forgot about the size difference. I ordered a new booster motor on eBay and the first photo showed the housing so I thought I was good to go. What showed up was just the internal motor which was too long for my itsy bitsy housing so back that went.

I then ordered the complete component sealed housing motor base plate and slapped that in the master and wham bam doodle my brakes worked again. This part failed at like 215,000 miles the first time and the used part failed two years and some couple tens of thousands of miles later.

This will fail and as soon as you hear the infernal beep, STOP DRIVING!!! The first time I drove it like that for like 7 months and two Major road trips with music blaring the whole time. Is it dangerous to drive with no rear brakes and minimal front? Yes. Did I do without killing anyone? Maybe…but it wasn’t smart so don’t do it! And don’t get a Mitsubishi used part.

Here’s the link to the replacement part I bought it has a great warranty and hopefully it lasts another 1 to 2 hundred thousand miles: 1998 - 2002 Land Cruiser / LX470 New Abs Pump Master Cylinder Repair Electric Motor - Wholesale Parts Express - https://www.wholesalepartsexpress.com/product/new-4runner-land-cruiser-abs-pump-master-cylinder-repair-electric-motor-2000-2002/
Look on the bright side...they aren't stuffed right next to the Exhaust Manifold when heat causes them to fail, or have to be coded to the VIN to function properly? (read=You could own a similar vintage PITA BMW? & yes, w/the ABS/DSC down, 'blaring music' wouldn't save you at high speed, applying brakes can be catastrophically traumatizing!) Front end shakes like it's going to split apart. (Didn't happen to me, but worse, In a friend's I was riding in....exited that thing & said, nxt time we're taking My Car!, even rebuilt & coded, the part is 2x-3x the cost of Your link above) Thanks for the lesson, having a spare on hand before it craps out is my motto. ;)

getting ready to replace my KISS drawers with a TruckVault set up. So went ahead and pulled the drawer system out last night and was able to do something i've wanted to do for awhile.....

my truck has never had the factory subwoofer (PO deleted it at some point) well i recently parted out an LX470 and was able to steal the sub and grill out of it. although this isn't an exciting mod im pretty pumped about it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

getting ready to replace my KISS drawers with a TruckVault set up. So went ahead and pulled the drawer system out last night and was able to do something i've wanted to do for awhile.....

my truck has never had the factory subwoofer (PO deleted it at some point) well i recently parted out an LX470 and was able to steal the sub and grill out of it. although this isn't an exciting mod im pretty pumped about it.

View attachment 3082958

View attachment 3082959

View attachment 3082960

View attachment 3082961
So what did Your 'KISS' drawers look like?

So what did Your 'KISS' drawers look like?
just the standard 2 drawer setup from land shark outfitters, like seen in the forum below

just the standard 2 drawer setup from land shark outfitters, like seen in the forum below

Slick, I have to go shallower, but will look in to them, planning on a 'diy', however these look like a gr8 jumping off point. Thank You!

Washed it after coming home from last weekend's SUPER mild wheeling trip. Just a forest service road, Saturday cruise along. Nothing to write home about, but I managed to somehow cut a decent gash right on the sidewall/corner of tread of a tire that probably had 15k left in it. D'oh. Either that or it's been there for weeks and I had no idea- not sure. :oops:

So- pulled the trigger on some Kenda Klever KR601s to fit the 200-series 18s that have been eating space in my garage for a while. Tires should be here tomorrow, I'll get em mounted up tomorrow or Friday, mounted soon after, and I've lined up a home for a couple of my used 16" K02s through another dude in our local club. Plus, bonus, I should then be able to fit the "extra" old 16"er with decent tread up in the factory spare location, and so I'll be set there for a while with a spare that's just about same size as my main 4. Probably. Until I break something else.

Got my bumper and winch on, too, plus this cool action shot of Leisure Suit Larry the LX470 doing his deal. No LX570 plastics were harmed in the course of the day, either:
FE1C5724-B035-4D96-A62B-FF44D6343083.jpeg

3612AF5E-E77B-4708-9FE7-161B24AA840A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom