rear body mounts (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s wierd, I think they call it turger- pressure behind the flow. Ah the days when it was a distance game!
Wierd topic, but it’s definitely something when going through one knows.

Jmack

‘Not very elegant”. Yeah right JMack! Beautiful! I write down stuff so other dummies can get it done as well as to reference later. JMack does it for us!

Admittedly not an eloquent solution but a solution nonetheless.

Top left shows the parts made from Home Depot 1.5” ABS fittings, I cut the bell and glued a 1/8” section back on the pipe to form a barb to prevent the flex line from slipping off.

Top right shows the 1” orifice I glued into the Y’s to restrict the flow going to the side window vents.

Middle picture shows the two Y’s or technically one Y and one T attached to the 90’s and how they orientate under the dash. Because of space constraints this combination of fittings may not be the best for proper air flow but they will fit and get air were I need it.

Bottom picture shows how the 90’s fit inside the hacked up factory defroster vents, I still need to dissemble everything to wrap the wiring harness and I will clean up the vents then. The 90’s will also get some self-tapping screws to secure them to the factory vents on final assembly.

image.jpg

Hell yeah!
All the way to the little barbs on the abs.

Now I just gotta figure out the fronts and this part will be off the list.

image.jpg

A question for you LS guys.
When I took these off I did not mark driver and passenger. :(
Is there a driver and passenger side?

I need to use these harnesses. I am pretty sure there is a front and back, yes? Just don’t know how to tell which side each came from.

image.jpg

Each day I get closer to running this baby! Thanks for the help!

image.jpg

With everything still connected to the bracket I found a bracket landmark and compared it to engine pics. This one I’m pointing at is at the front on the drivers side while it is on rear on the passenger side.

6646C813-DC95-4624-8432-2F2865611371.png
10AEED91-C1E6-427C-A337-024CBBFD042D.png

Cat skinned?

Little things getting done. Welding is cool!

View attachment 3070783

View attachment 3070787

A little bondo and call it good.
I wish I could perfectly blend, but what usually happens is that I blend tooooo much and burn a hole. So lite blending from now on.
I don’t want to think about how much times I spent on my trans hump. In the end it ended up with bed liner. Looks good on top, but the underside is a mess… keep up the good work

it turns out I had received the wrong wiring harness so I switched gears and got some more AC stuff done while I waited for the new one to show up.

E9D5571C-1D07-4033-AA1A-B7F9A74D1F47.jpeg

I got to the firewall. Probably try to get those hoses a little tighter.

Now have to order some parts for the engine side. I need some more hose, a dryer and a condenser.

Any of you remember what size condenser you bought? I imagine the biggest possible.

Also got to figure out how the plunbing will go with the rear heater. Maybe another bulk head?

Oh I added two inches to these guys
79E82667-80F4-4CC2-B784-48D72F7C0D0B.jpeg
97B91CAA-73C0-4B76-AB16-0FB48432022B.jpeg

9875CED9-D22B-41CA-99B8-B082083808E3.jpeg
A4A92F7B-D249-4BC7-B039-3DE2913C1B56.jpeg

Bought these a looooonnnng time ago after Abqcruiser gave me the beta. My old ones were all over the place! Nighttime driving through sleet up a Mtn and the driver side would get caught on the outside of the A pillar. Makes for rough driving!
I bought the wrong ones tho (2.5” instead of the 3.5”) so no chance to return now. So instead I customized!
Now I have some recessed wipers. Kinda like Ferrari would do.

6C016A26-2FE5-4C15-9E95-7C8B630A9B00.jpeg
454FE515-3884-4653-B7F4-ABBACF07409C.jpeg

I would have hoped they would have cast some bolt holes in this computer for mounting, but no. Gotta figure out where this thing will live (engine compartment-cab) and the how to mount in place. Was thinking it might be cool to attach to the underside of the hood.

Definitely intimidated by this octopus! 90% just plugs in and there is that last ten that leaves me scratching my head. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom