100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up the 1998 from North Carolina and some cool TLCA guys took me and Laird all over the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway this past weekend.

When I was fixing up Berkleys truck for camp I found that the rear locker wiring harness had pulled loose and the wires had shorted out.

I required the locker and forgot to test it.

I rolled into this weekend thinking I had no locker and of course no ATRAC.

This would have been a LONG weekend without that locker. So much rain and mud but let me tell you, this place is 100% unreal.

AB8EC66A-1D51-43A3-AD20-390E84B6BD13.jpeg

0A957DA8-2871-4676-B88D-D7478DA55080.jpeg

CEC4E333-15C2-4E2B-9600-FD55781A7249.jpeg

4718526A-35A2-4F48-BF4C-646436E781E4.jpeg

80C39FC5-2623-4FC8-AA5C-FD046F8F7EA1.jpeg

We drove through a couple of monsoons on the way home that got most of the mud out but I pressure washed it when I got home then put a good polish/wax on it

I’m losing a bit of clear coat since this thing no longer gets garaged. Hoping to get it back in 2 years when Berkley graduates and I’ll get that paint repaired.

100s are the best light/medium duty trail trucks. So comfortable, quiet and smooth

4 months and it’s an antique

91900851-6FE5-4AF0-8BA2-8020B09E668B.jpeg

The trail system is so awesome. I'd do it again when there isn't a foot of snow on the ground.

New Radiator/Heater Core: still get smell from vents with heat…still lose coolant

1999 US Spec 100 Series, 315K miles

Started getting smell of coolant through vents with heat on. Pressure test indicated small leak in radiator. Replaced with Denso.

Smell still there with heat on, and heat goes luke warm after 20 seconds.

Front heater core replaced with OEM Toyota. New heater Ts and hoses.

Heater blows hot…but strong coolant smell still there when heater turned on. Strong at first, then goes away…but ALWAYS strong when heat first engaged.

Coolant level in radiator low (maybe 10-12 oz) after running heater for 5 minutes.

No dampness on interior floor areas.

Any help?

Drove it 10 miles with A/C on. Symptoms (re) emerged as soon as I dialed HVAC to heat.

I have not engaged the rear heater.

Last edited:
Having it towed tonight. Praying for the best…fearing the worst:

Last edited:
Looking to refresh 230k suspension on my 2000

I haul 5 kids routinely. Don’t want a lift but wandering if 1 in lift springs and shocks would help off set weight when fully loaded.

I’ve noticed I have little rebound room hitting bumps at speed.

I have an iron man 2 in on my other truck and love it but this truck is all original and I’d like to keep the look.

Does anyone have experience with 1 in springs or replacing factory with other than the usual suspects of lifting?

Anyone interested in a super heavy duty bike rack?

iSi Advanced Bicycle Carrier and Bike Rack Systems - 4x4x4 Bicycle Carrier

4x4 bycycle carrier, bike rack, bike hitch, ofroad bike hauler
www.isi-carriers.com

I have the 4 bike configuration and about 3 different hitch attachments so can work with or without swingout.

It is just to heavy for my wife to use with the bikes. So going a different route. But if you want ground clearance while taking bikes not sure if anything in US market compares.

Located in Hot Springs

$500

Also have set of 2008/2009 200 series wheels with lugs and hub caps. 18"

$250...

Having it towed tonight. Praying for the best…fearing the worst:

Whatever happened with your coolant smell issue?

Whatever happened with your coolant smell issue?

I was out of state for several weeks…back in town, I stopped by the shop and they are convinced there was air in the system and that the smell will dissipate.

I’m not convinced, but drove the 100 home (7 miles) with no issues and promptly went back into travel status. Next step is to pop the rad cap and check the level…then a 10 minute drive, complete cool-down and re-check. I’ll report back…likely by this weekend, the way my schedule is working out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom