Eaton E-Locker to Factory Rear Locker Switch help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!

Wiring novice here. Looking to wire my Eaton E Locker to my factory Rear locker switch. have attached photos of what I believed to be correct but am coming up short as the locker won’t engage. First photo is of Eaton switch. Any help would be appreciated! Eaton wiring diagram attached.

60D568FC-1EF6-431D-936B-602C6DD6006B.jpeg

13FAFB56-1E87-4411-8416-4F8F712B3531.jpeg

image.jpg

Attachments

• Eaton-ELocker-wiring-schematic.pdf
    302.7 KB · Views: 54
The eatons just need a 12v power and a ground. I use my switch-pros since I had one already. If you know which wire is input power to that switch, you can back probe to figure out which wires get power in which switch positions, with a multimeter or even a simple test light.

The eatons just need a 12v power and a ground. I use my switch-pros since I had one already. If you know which wire is input power to that switch, you can back probe to figure out which wires get power in which switch positions, with a multimeter or even a simple test light.
This is helpful, thank you!

I have that switch. Only downside of the 80/100-series factory switch is there's no LED light to tell you they're enabled on the 200. The Eaton's don't even have a satisfying click, unlike the Toyota factory CDL relay... almost too quiet. No good answer for that from me, but if you come up with one let me know

I have that switch. Only downside of the 80/100-series factory switch is there's no LED light to tell you they're enabled on the 200. The Eaton's don't even have a satisfying click, unlike the Toyota factory CDL relay... almost too quiet. No good answer for that from me, but if you come up with one let me know

One of these days, someone will be enterprising enough to help us figure out how to illuminate the factory console light.

1659977035376.png

Last edited:
One of these days, the someone will be enterprising enough to help us figure out hot to illuminate the factory console light.

View attachment 3081276
Maybe for you lucky LX owners. My LC does not have such a light, sadly. I suppose I could try to repurpose the Eco light that I turned off inside Techstream, perhaps. That would also be a bit humorous...

1659978768280.png

Attachments

• TIS - TOYOTA 2013 Land Cruiser Repair Manual (RM18X0U).pdf
    307.9 KB · Views: 40
Yeah I put a flashlight against my dash a couple years back, the Us LX Speedo does not have that rear locker light transparency, at least not the 2009.
If it did, it’s pretty simple to put an led behind it.

Yeah I put a flashlight against my dash a couple years back, the Us LX Speedo does not have that rear locker light transparency, at least not the 2009.
If it did, it’s pretty simple to put an led behind it.

I was curious enough and found the same thing you did on my '09.

1660008352605.png

Glad I don’t have a 2018 LX or I’d be tempted to pull the dash apart to wire that light up. Still tempts me to repurpose the Eco light just for kicks but ultimately not really worth the effort

Keep in mind with that factory switch but the aftermarket locker, the light is just an indicator that you turned the knob, not that the locker actually engaged…

I was curious too. What's the 120kmh spot for? ~75mph speed warning?

View attachment 3081899
In Saudi Arabia, for example, there is a warning chime that goes off when you go above 120 km/hr as that was the maximum speed limit on the interstates. They have relatively recently raised the speed limit to 140 in some areas but I assume the 120 warning chime is still a requirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom