What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@NLXTACY Joey posted this on Instagram. Check it out.
View attachment 3080864

Cool, that took a while to set up those shots unless you have a camera crew.

Your making me want an Instagram account lol

I got the leak at the bottom corner of the windshield. Where would I apply the sikaflex?

Picked up some fancy used seats for a cheap price. Does anyone have these installed on their rig? Corbeau Moab
C9FFC7AB-478A-4D52-8843-C8551150305F.jpeg

Went to Cruiser Days yesterday here in BC. Great turnout!

Also where I revealed a project I've been working on for the better part of the last year on my spare time. A front big brake kit with matched rear "lite" brake upgrade to create the most balanced high performance brake upgrade available for the 80.

PSX_20220805_195257 (1).jpg

PSX_20220805_205330 (1).jpg

PSX_20220805_195816 (1).jpg

Some updates on my build thread but there's a full technical writeup here: Stopping a 6k lb 80 on 38's better than our bone stock LX450 with refreshed brakes. F+R "motorsport grade" brake upgrade. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/stopping-a-6k-lb-80-on-38s-better-than-our-bone-stock-lx450-with-refreshed-brakes-f-r-motorsport-grade-brake-upgrade.1290784/

Been letting my daughter drive it till I get her a car. So far in a week the original key to the truck decided it wouldn't work in the ignition and it jettisoned the right front fender flare on the highway. Didn't even know it was loose. Not sure if it's angry at me or what...

Fortunately for the key I had already ordered one from the dealer but hadn't had a chance to take my registration info in to have the new key cut. It's so much smoother now turning than it ever was. Gotta get another though now that the original no longer works. Still opens the doors though.

**EDIT**

Anyone have a right front flare? slow95z doesn't and not very promising in the parting out section. Checked partsouq. They have one but the shipping is more than the part :bonkers: . Amayama is more reasonable but estimated delivery is September to November. McGeorge and others are SIGNIFICANTLY more to the point where Partsouq isn't that far off....

Last edited:
Clunker, meet Grandpa. Tesla got kicked out of the garage for the time being.

View attachment 3078700

Flogged the "new" rig up Floyd Hill in 95* temps to see what the torque app has to say. Runs about 5-10* warmer than the old rig. Not bad, but could probably be improved upon. It came with receipts for a blue fan clutch (not modded), new radiator and water pump. I think I'll swap over my modded fan clutch and see if that makes an improvement. Butt dyno says this one is a few HP shy of my old truck, despite the stock tires. But it drives nice :)

Went to Cruiser Days yesterday here in BC. Great turnout!

Also where I revealed a project I've been working on for the better part of the last year on my spare time. A front big brake kit with matched rear "lite" brake upgrade to create the most balanced high performance brake upgrade available for the 80.

View attachment 3080906
View attachment 3080907
View attachment 3080908

Some updates on my build thread but there's a full technical writeup here: Stopping a 6k lb 80 on 38's better than our bone stock LX450 with refreshed brakes. F+R "motorsport grade" brake upgrade. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/stopping-a-6k-lb-80-on-38s-better-than-our-bone-stock-lx450-with-refreshed-brakes-f-r-motorsport-grade-brake-upgrade.1290784/
Awesome! I'd love to put the 17z brembo calipers on my 80 series if I could!

Picked up some fancy used seats for a cheap price. Does anyone have these installed on their rig? Corbeau Moab View attachment 3080904

Yeah, I've got them in my LX450. They're OK. Not the most comfortable seat, but definitely easy maintenance. In my case, they came with the rig when I purchased it. They'll do for now.

Yeah, I've got them in my LX450. They're OK. Not the most comfortable seat, but definitely easy maintenance. In my case, they came with the rig when I purchased it. They'll do for now.

Thanks, They look nice in tan. Now I have to wait for the brackets to be delivered.
Do they sit higher or lower than stock seats?

Love the dash cover ! Looks super neat ... where did you get those ?

tried to take it to the baby shower so i could get stuff back to my parents and got pulled over for expired reg :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:. fortunately i didnt get towed, unregistered vehicle is a towable offence in nj, cop let me drive it back to my parents where ive been keeping it since i moved down to bmore.

Went wheeling for the 4rh or 5th weekend in a row on Saturday. It was a club adopted trail maintenance and clean up day.
E16856B7-A1A4-4E84-84F4-4A867101DAA5.jpeg
6EFD2907-E983-4DAF-BBC2-34A801112224.jpeg
859D3F34-BA2E-4916-ADA0-8E90ECED9254.jpeg
C84F9049-C0EE-46EA-A8A7-8582728727B7.jpeg
Sunday I added a fan to the transmission cooler and found some nice cloth manual seats to put in instead of the leather power seats.

Went to Joshua Tree and :princess: picked out the stay. Had to get away for a bit and mess around on the dry lake bed.

full

Then we had a surprise guest show up. Mojave Green rattlesnake. Put my shoe on half a foot away from it and hardly noticed at first. Luckily she wasn't feeling aggressive and just gave me a fair warning.

full

full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom